Chapter 4: Everglow Acadamy part 1

Supreme Retribution, one of the greatest spell in Fantasia. Legends said that it had enough power to end all armed conflicts.

This magic spell was the very reason how and why Emerris won several wars. But today she used that devastating spell on a single target.

The Fantasian princess felt numb. After countless battles, this one drained most of her stamina.

"Your Highness, did you get him?" the leaf mage Ludwig walked beside towards her and hoped that she slew Sonic.

"I think so" her soft voice came from the crimson helmet.

Coleo on the other hand smiled and frowned at the same time. He could finally let his pride recover from unexpected humiliation, but not enough to satisfy his own ego.

"Heh, serves him right for messing with the royal noble, but damn you, princess! You took my perfect prey!" the thunder mage cursed with his thought.

But something crawled on Lanani's mind. Her curiosity grew as the dust fled from the damage site: "I have a bad feeling about this, Your Highness, your magic soul is waiting to be claimed".

"Yes, Lanani. Everyone let's move but don't let your guard down, I cannot guarantee a successful kill." Emerris ordered.

Things went too easy for the hunters, until they were very close to the scorched crater. Much of their surprise Sonic popped his head out from the debris with some scorched spines.

"Mommy~ I don't think I can eat more chili dogs~" the dazed hedgehog as a drunk man freed himself from the dirt rubble with effort. The moment Sonic became self again, his smile turned into frown. These people were not someone to underestimate.

Back at his old days, Sonics nemesis Dr. Eggman had a superhuman ability; Super intelligence. With his endless engineering, some managed to give the blue blur a run for his money, even in his super form.

But this time was different. These humans however can interact with mystical force called Magic like he did with Chaos Energy. Not to mention those who can enhance their physical abilities or cast near unavoidable projectiles. These things were not a big problem, if those people weren't well coordinated in combat as Eggman's fodder machines.

Sonic needed to defeat those people fast, otherwise his life will be in great danger if this battle takes too long.

Then a smile formed on his lips.

"Wow, that was cool! But, I'm gonna take you down, so sorry about that" After his usual cocky reply he curled into a ball like all real hedgehogs except he spun fast without translating.

Emerris was dumbfounded by this unexpected move, but she knew this was an attack, so she held her sword in defense position and waited for possible counterattack. But she didn't know that this attack would knock her off the ground less than a blink of of an eye.

Sonic Spindashed the Princess out and with a quick reflex, he changed his own trajectory and charged at the blonde mages. Unfortunately he met an invisible wall of force and bounced back.

"Force field? Really? That's just cheating!" Sonic exclaimed.

Both Lanani's and Malena's Barrier of Divine Light, were formidable defense spell. If casted from a single mage, this spell can hold off siege attack for months and even block off one of the strongest magic beast attack. But if more people casted this, it will have enough power to fend off Divine Retribution. A lesser version of Supreme Retribution and it was said to destroy mountain sized demons.

Sonic's homing attack was like an iron needle trying to penetrate steel wall. It would be futile to continue and dangerous, unless if he tried a different tactic; After uncurling from ball and dodging several punches, kicks, slashes and spells. He sprinted around the dome of white light. He gathered wind currents into a single, circular flow.