Chapter 3 Legendary Magic Beast part 2

"What's a magic beast?" Sonic asked

Malena opened her mouth but the red knight extended its right hand to silence her. But that didn't stop Joachim from shouting: "ITS YOU!!!-"

"Joachim, that's enough!" A feminine stern voice emerged from the red armor

"But your highness-"

"Do you want to disobey my order and incur this magic beasts wrath?"

Joachim went silent for a moment then sighed.

"No, your highness,"

The red knight turned her head towards the hedgehog.

"Do you want to know what a magic beast is, little one?" She spoke with a soft voice and a hint of hesitation.

"Yea, I'm new here," Sonic replies with a shrug.

"Well. A magic beast is an animal or a plant who absorbed a tremendous amount of magic power and undergone a successful transformation. These creatures are rare to find, also they are hard to fight with. Magic beasts a high quantity and quality of magic power, detailed appearance and a spirit mark."

"What's a spirit mark?"

"You can take a look at your forehead"

Sonic stared at the surrounding and found a crystal clear lake. He went there to look at himself.

The hedgehog was glad he was still himself but something different: A golden ring with green brilliant cut and a blue six toothed sawblade illuminated on his forehead.

By surprise, the blue blur jumped a few feet back.

"Whoa, is that a spirit mark?!"

"Yes," the red knight replied. "All magic beasts carry a spirit mark, but only a few of them has two. Three spirit mark magic beast has never existed in Fantasia history record. As I told you, magic beasts are rare to find so those with an extra mark would unlikely appear here."

"All right, but can a magic beast talk?"

"Normally? No. In legends? Yes. There were those who-who could talk, but the hero killed the last one a millennium ago."

"Wow, that's something big..."Sonic rested his right cheek on his right palm.

"But... to have a magic beast... who not only can talk but behave like a human being... I find this unacceptable," the last part the red knight's voice trembled.

"Unacceptable? Cmon man~... I just got here... well, the good thing is that I am a hero too, you know~, fighting certain mad scientist who wants to take over the world and other baddies in my life. " Sonic grinned

"What! What nonsense is this?! Who are you?!" The princess in armor suddenly raised her voice.

"Hehe, I am a guy who loves adventure, I am Sonic the Hedgehog," sonic grinned and gave a thumbs up.

The princess couldn't move her lips, she was too shocked to witness a magic beast who not only have human qualities but also carried a name. A lot of thoughts came into her head.

"Sooo~ you are a hedgehog huh?, I can now understand why you have those blue long things, they are your quills, am I right?" Coleo walked slowly towards Sonic while tightening his arm muscles.

Sonic sensed that the man was a malice, yet he didn't flinch at Coleo's approach.

"Coleo, stay back" the princess ordered the yellow mage but her words didn't enter his brain.

"And~ your name is Sonic right~? I have never heard a magic beast who would carry a name, nor have guts to confront us directly~. normally when a magic beast sees a mage or more, they would normally flee." the yellow mage said calmly, but the hedgehog already knew the wickedness behind his words.