00:00

"Everything and nothing is beautiful,"
She breathes with a smile, fingers drawing hearts on the fogged window and he laughs at her sudden words.

"What do you mean?" He asks as he turns left, eyes never leaving the road.

She grins at him and he glances at her briefly, "Well I believe that in very beautiful thing, there exist a hidden ugliness. In every ugly thing, there hides a beauty waiting to be discovered."

"You're rereading the Ugly Duckling now aren't you."

"Kind of. Yes."

"You're silly."

"You love me."

"That I do."

Jisoo takes a sharp intake of breath, her ears ringing.

Everything was dark, vision blurring until it adjusts to the lighting— or lack of thereof. She was laying on her bed, hands clutching her bed sheets tightly, sweat soaking the back of her shirt, on her neck, trailing down the sides of her temples. Her eyes lands on the clock ticking beside her.

3:03 am

A few seconds later and she realizes she's crying. Her heart aches. It's hard to breathe. It's hard to think. It's suffocating. Like she's drowning.

Her phone rings and Jisoo fumbles immediately, hoping, desperate.

For what? Maybe a miracle.

But there isn't.

Jisoo eyes trailed the alarm she set, a voice clip of a once stranger attached and she remembers. Oh God why did she have to remember.

It was fine. Everything was okay even if she wasn't. She maybe holding on to him, that someone who loved her but she didn't know and it was okay. It stung but she didn't know him, so it was okay to hold on right? It wasn't toxic. She didn't remember. She forgot. Her mind did.

Jisoo wakes up—or does she even sleep— every exact time. For him. That someone. It was okay. Until it wasn't.

Jisoo clicks the clip, her lips twisting into a bittersweet smile as she's flooded with memories.

Click.

Happy Anniversary! And uhm I know its too early, I waited til 3:03 cause that missed call was a blessing. You're probably gonna wake up anytime soon anyway— don't spend too much time on screens okay? You'll ruin your eyes.

But uhm take care always. Thank you. For everything, Jisoo. I uhmm—I love you!

Click.

Her phone glitches but she doesn't flinch. An option pops up.

Delete the current audio file?
Yes | Yes

Jisoo tries to breathe easily but she chokes on tears. He won't give her a choice.

His voice rings in her head.

"Let me be in peace, Jisoo."

Audio file deleted.

Delete phone contact "Taehyung"?
Yes | No

Contact deleted.

Jisoo looks at her clock.

It's past 3:03 am.