at 3:03

As requested and as a result from the numerous confused comments (which I find good cause I was trying to confuse people lol), I will be explaining what is happening here.

So basically, yes- Taehyung is dead and he died at 3:03am which is why that specific time is significant to the story. Aside from that, it is also implied from Taehyung's voice message before that it was also the time they actually met which was also due to Tae dialing the wrong number. The girl he keeps on mentioning IS Jisoo though she didn't know it at first.

Now on the topic of Jisoo's memory, she did forget everything about Tae, however, she had remnants of him (the voicemail and his contact number at the end) and it wasn't long before Jisoo became unhealthily obsessed with trying to know more about Taehyung. This is where the story starts. Jisoo receives the call, they talk and talk every 3am up to the point when Jisoo remembers everything and Taehyung prompts her to move on.

What's with Taehyung's contact number?
Well Jisoo had always had Tae's number and it was never unknown in the first place. I believe you all would've figured out by now that Jisoo is only hallucinating everything and the unknown could also be taken as a representation of how despite the fact that Jisoo knows his name, she doesn't really know him anymore but she wants to.

- so it was okay to hold on right? It wasn't toxic. She didn't remember. She forgot.

Jisoo clings on to the lover she couldn't remember and although she denies it, she knows it's not healthy, thus the  { Yes | Yes } choice on deleting Tae's voicemail (and also a bit of a hallucination on her part again).

So yeah, most of it were a product of Jisoo's restless mind and her need for closure to Taehyung's death. Taehyung would've undoubtedly wanted her to move on but she didn't know that until she remembered him.

Well that or it was Taehyung's soul/spirit talking to her, which ever you guys prefer (because that was actually the first idea until I decided I don't wanna make it too supernaturalistic but that works too).

Anyways, thank you for reading! And do tell me what your theories were! I would love to know! <3