Chapter 3

Craig got home late, his eyes stung and he stumbled through the door, exhausted and lacking lots of hours of sleep. He mumbled hello to his dad who was watching something on the living room tv before bursting into his room and collapsing on his bed.

He sighed, face down into the pillow and before he could even think, he knocked out.

Craig kicked the snow at his feet at a small boy in front of him, "Everyone's fucking stupid I hate this school." He growled angrily, cheeks heating up with embarrassment.
"It's cool dude just don't flip off the teacher and maybe they won't get onto ya' so hard." Cheered a band aid covered child muffled by an orange parka.
"You know the only people who can understand what you're saying half the time is your stupid friends." The blue boy muttered out of defense, he could understand him clearly.
The boy ripped his hood down, exposing blonde messy hair and freckled cheeks, "I SAID-"
The blonde was interrupted by a truck spinning out of control on the road and smashing him into the nearby abandoned phone booth. Craig winced as he heard the boys body snap.

"No.. no no" Craig murmured in sleep, trying to shake himself awake but to no avail.

The dark haired child sprinted in the direction of his house, his guinea pig had gone missing and had been out all afternoon looking for it. The sun was starting to set and he knew how upset his parents would be at him for being gone this amount of time with no warning.
He skidded across the sidewalk, taking a sharp turn and immediately crashed into someone heading the opposite direction.
"WATCH IT! YOU ALMOST MADE ME DROP BUBBLES!" Shouted a high voice, cracking from overuse.
Craig stood up and was met with one of his schoolmates. He looked unwell, prominent bags under his eyes he lacked complection.
"That's my guinea pig" Craig said monotonically, holding out his hands for the small animal in the blondes arms.
"Oh Bubbles is yours?" The smaller child gladly handed it over to the other, immediately bursting into a coughing fit and hiding his face in his sweatshirt.
"It's Stripe."

Craig began to sweat in his sleep, he fidgeted uncomfortably.

The swings creaked as the two eleven year olds rocked back and forth. A slightly chubby child with dark brown hair glanced at the group of 3, huddled in a corner, isolated from everyone.
"Clyde, what's up with them?" Craig eyed the group.
"Their friend died," Clyde mumbled, pursing his lips and looking to the ground.
"Which one.." The blue eyed boy gulped, afraid of the answer.
"Kenny."

The noirette shot his eyes open, drenched in sweat and breathing heavily, he choked out.
"Your name is Kenny.."