Prologue

It was not the first time. This had happened a few times before as well. But every time she thought she was getting used to it, she proved herself wrong. Standing close enough to listen to each other's heart beat. Or was it always so? Could they always feel the other's heart beat like this? Maybe. He smiled at her and it reflected on her face. A smile spread across her lips, accompanied by those glistening eyes. He couldn't take his eyes off her, and she couldn't gather the courage to look at him, for she realized what could happen next. She knew they were treading on thin nice. One more step ahead and they would fall into a pit with unfathomable depths, a one from which they couldn't be rescued. A silent prayer to God, to save them from the catastrophe that was yet to come. How was she to live feeling like this, every single day, for the rest of her life? He seemed to be navigating through this storm of emotions much better than her, unaware of the fire that was consuming him from within. He brushed his cold fingers across her smooth pink cheeks, and tucked a few strands of hair from her face behind her ears. The fear and inhibitions couldn't stop her anymore. She looked up, her eyes meeting his. A gaze that pierced through her heart, and at that moment something happened. A mystic feeling took over her senses, as if she had physically touched magic. They looked at one another and suddenly, the world behind her dissipated.

. . . . . . . . . .

A journey of two people, madly in love, completely devoted to each other.