Chapter 13: I'm here for you

Alex's POV:

I woke up again to an unfamiliar beeping sound. I scrunched my eyes back closed when all I saw was.. white. The feint yet strong smell of antiseptic. I could only be in one place- a hospital.

Next to me I heard soft whispers of pray.

"Dear god. Please make sure Alex is okay. She's really cool and doesn't deserve what just came to her. I know she has been through some though she hasn't told me anything. Amen." My heart melted at Niall's short but incredibly sweet prayer.

My head started to pound as I tried to open my eyes again. I forced them open to meet a pair of clear blue eyes peering at me.

"Hi" I whispered my voice croaky.

"Oh my god you're okay! Liam!" Niall called and I flinched at his loud voice.

"Not so loud Niall!" Liam shouted-whispered.

"She's awake" he said

Liam looked over at me. His face was creased from the deep frown on his face. Were they actually worried about me?

"We were so worried. Are you okay?" He asked reading my thoughts.

"Ugh I'm fine" I tried to smile but even he could see how fake it is.

"Sorry I'm going to have to interrupt gentleman. Alex I would like to ask you some questions please" The nurse with an incredibly squeaky voice but warm brown eyes.

"Yeah" I said trying to sit up. My arms caved in sending me to plop back down.

"Just lay down love" She said looking at her clipboard.

"So Alex... You had a panic attack" She stated. Her tone was flat and dull.

"What was it about?" She finally looked up from her clipboard and bore her eyes into mine.

"Uhmm" I sifted through my thoughts and then it hit me.

I had let her get to me after all these years. I had been so strong...

My heart was beating at an unnatural speed and my eyes were frantically blinking obstructing my vision. I felt a sharp pain against my arm and I cried out. I started to feel drowsy. I gave in and fell into an unwelcomed slumber.

"Push her down on the bed! Get the injection stat!" The nurse yelled as others ran into the room.

Liam's POV

"What is going on?" Harry asked me as he impatiently tapped his foot.

"I don't know. We were having pancakes and then... Zayn! Why did you talk to her like that? You were being harsh and a complete dick to her! She's actually really nice incase you were too busy planning on your next verbal attack on her" I poked Zayn's chest glaring at him.

I don't care if I've only known Alex for a couple days, she's a really great girl and no girl deserves to be spoken to like that.

"What she can handle it, she's a tough girl." Zayn rolled his eyes.

"Clealy she's really tough since she's lying on a hospital bed right now. Yeah maybe she can throw a punch but at the end of the day she's still a girl Zayn. With feelings." Niall chipped in.

"You can't be blaming me for this?" he hissed , I ignored him.

"What did you say Zayn?" Harry groaned.

"Called her a bitch?" he shrugged.

"And you got away with nothing? My nose still bloody hurts" Harry gently touched the bridge of his nose.