Chapter 22: Hi Lou

Alex's POV

"This hotel is awesome!" I yelled excitedly and plopped face first onto the bed. I always do that when I get to a hotel room-professional or not.

"Hey we need to share that!" Harry bantered. It was nice not hating each other all the time. Yay sharing a hotel bed with Harry Styles... how much could I sell his shirt on Ebay for?

Once we got to the Liberty hotel in the Big Apple. New york City! The boys ran up and fought over rooms. Thanks to Simon he had everyone get roomates. Niall and Liam were in the room next door, Louis and Zayn were next door to them and Lou and some other crew were down the hall too.

Today didn't count as one of the four days the plan was set for. I decided to give myself a break and live a little before you know... I may not be able to live a little. It's not like it's I'm really going to die but it's a very high risk.

"Management called, we have a date at the Statue of Liberty today." Harry said. He didn't seem annoyed or angry... I couldn't read his expression.

"Cool." When I travelled around with previous cases, I never got to tour places. Like I've been to China and I didn't see the great wall. I was stuck inside with my computer and occasionally kicking ass but it's a great change to just go out.

"Hiiiiii" Lou sang as she came into our room.

"Hi?" I frowned as to why she would be in our room.

"You. Out." She pointed at Harry playfully.

"I'm getting you ready for your date!" She smiled. Yay. I cringed. I wasn't the girliest girl among the girls.

"Oh." I smiled and pretended to type something on my phone.

"Go have a shower and wash your hair okay? I'll have everything set." She shooed me into the bathroom. I turned on the shower and held in a moan as the hot water travelled down my body. This felt good considering I showered in freaking ice last time.

When I was done. I got out and wrapped the towel around my body. As I opened the door I heard Lou zipping open my bag. Shit!

"No!" I shouted before I could stop myself.

"Alex... what's this?"

Harry's POV

"So what is Lou doing to her?" Niall laughed

"Some makeover or whatever." I shrugged and popped a Dorito into my mouth.

"Are you worried lad?" Louis chipped in and the air turned thick. I waited a moment of silence before I continued.

"Yes I am. But mostly for my friends and family." I rested my elbows on my knees and bowed my head in stress.

"You know Alex won't let that happen right? She's great at her job." Niall reasoned.

"I know but I cant help but worry you know? I wont be able to live with myself if this person threatens my mum or Gem or anyone that I care about. Just because I'm famous." I mumbled the last part.

"You're living your dream, Haz. We all are. I think you're over thinking this. Just go chill with Alex, she's a cool chick." Zayn surprised me by saying. "I mean you can just see that she's cool but she's shutting us out for a reason." I saw Liam tense as Zayn spoke. I know he knows something.

"Liam? What happened that night with you and her at the motel?" He looked at me caught off guard and fumbled on his words.

"Oh uhm, n-nothing." He took a deep breath to find his words clearly. "Nothing, we just spoke and got along. You're right, she is cut off but maybe she has a reason for it? I don't think it's fair to be up in her business when she's trying to protect us. The least we could give her is privacy." He looked around. He had a point, but this 'privacy' he wanted for her didn't include him.