Chapter three

"Jared these are your daughters."
His mouth hung open. I almost thought his jaw would just break off if it was like that any longer.
"Can I hold one of my daughters?" His eyes held so much sadness.
"Sure." I said handing him Callie.
Tears brimmed his eyes as he held his daughter.
"What are their names." Jared asked looking at Callie then at Caitlyn.
"The one you're holding is Callie and this." I said putting Caitlyn on my lap. "Is Caitlyn."
"Beautiful."

"Em can we talk?" Jared said after a long time.
Callie was asleep in Jared's arms. Caitlyn asleep in mine. We took them back to their room. We put them in their cribs then went back to the living room.

"Please Jared just talk."
"I made a huge mistake. I never should have let you go."
"You're just now figuring that out?"
"Emory I saw the pictures."
"Pictures?" My face scrunched up in confusion. "What pictures?"
"The one with you on top of that guy."
"I don't know what you're talking about."
"It's okay I miss you."
"What did you expect. When you came back for me to fall back into your arms? That's just not reality." Tears trickled down my cheeks as I talked.
"I know I'm so sorry. I will never forgive myself. I loved you then I lost you and that was the worst feeling."
"I lost you too." I turned away from him and walked into the kitchen.
"I know."
"Just stop." I hesitated before speaking again. "Please just get out." Tears we're now streaming down my cheeks.
He turned around and stopped at the front door.
"I'll leave just tell me one thing."
"What?" I asked him harshly.
"Do you still love me?"
I didn't answer.
He opened the door and walked out.
Of course I love him.

I walked out of her door. I'm such an idiot. Who asks that? I walked down to the car and got in.
The next morning I got up and ready for work. Before I left I wrote a Post-It not then hurried down the stairs. I stopped by her apartment so early no one was awake. I put a purple Post-It note on her door.
I still remember a lot of things like her favorite color is purple, favorite place was in my arms.
As I got in the car my brain couldn't stop thinking about that one moment.
The moment that is forever in my heart.
Flashback (I love you)
It was hot as we sat on the couch in the living room.
"Jared." She asked.
"Yeah,dove." She giggled every time I called her that.
"Do you love me?"
"Of course I love you."
"Yell it shout it to the world."
I leaned in close enough to whisper in her ear. "I love you Emory Taylor!"
"Why did you whisper it in my ear?"
"Because you are my world."
"I love you Jared Stone." Emory said as she sat in my arms as we cuddled.
End of Flashback

All these other memories came flooding back. Memories that made me happy and some that made me pissed off.

Flashback (our first fight)
"Emory what the fuck did you do?" I yelled as I walked into the house.
"What do you mean?" She asked as she walked down the stairs.
"The money."
"Oh, that."
"Never mind. I just don't like wasting my money on stupid shit."
"So suddenly it's just your money. It's not ours."
"Yes, no that's not what I meant. You know that."
"Well it sure sounded like that." She yelled at me then ran out.
I screwed up so fucking bad.
Rain was pouring down as I ran outside after my wife. She was in the middle of the street. Her soaking wet back was turned to me. I walked up and put my arms around her curvy waist. I turned her around to see tears in her eyes.
"I'm so sorry baby."
"Did you want to know what the money was for?"
"It doesn't even matter. I'm sorry I upset you."
"The money went to the orphanage and the orphans."
"My god woman why are you so perfect. You're so kind and selfless I love you for all that you are." I kissed her sweet soft lips then we went back inside out of the pouring rain.
End of Flashback

As I got to work I sat and thought about my daughters and their beautiful mother the love of my life.

As I opened up my front door for the paper I saw a purple Post-It not. On it said
Please come spend the day with me. I want to know my daughters and spend time with you. I made a huge mistake please let me know.
                                      -Jared

Word count:802
I really appreciate all your bits and comments.
Thanks.