Chapter Eight

Sorry this update is so late it might not be as long, but I hope you like it.😘
Just making this clear they all moved to NY in the first chapter.

I got up and walked to the exit.
I looked up to find Jared. He looked at me. I ran out. No clue that it was pouring rain. It was cold against my skin as I ran down the sidewalk.
I wasn't fast enough. I felt a strong hand wrap around my elbow. I turned around. My nose hit his hard chest.
"What do you want?" I yelled as the rain drenched both of us.
"I know you saw that."
"What I don't know what you're talking about." I lied looking into his memorizing eyes.
"Don't act dumb, Emory I'm serious."
"Whatever."  I continued to walk.
I made it too my parents and stayed on the porch. I fell asleep on the steps.
I opened my eyes to see my father picking up the morning paper.
I started to cry. My dad came over and held me until I calmed down.
We went inside.
I went up to my old bedroom and sat there crying my eyes out.

It was early so I just sat there. I had turned my phone on last night so my dad could text.
My phone buzzed in the wooden nightstand. I looked at the text and put my phone back down.
My phone buzzed again incoming call Jared
I let it ring until it went to voicemail.
Hey em its me can we go somewhere and talk? I need to explain. If you want an answer meet me at Central Park at eight tonight. If not I'll leave you alone.
I thought so hard about my decision until my brain hurt.
I wanted an answer but I wanted him to leave me alone, too.
I got up and got ready.

I put the girls in their onesies then left

I put the girls in their onesies then left.We were going to the park. I put them in the stroller and we went to the park. I pushed them in on the swings. Around four we went home. I put the girls down for their naps then watched pretty little liars.
Time flew by before I knew it it was time. I was going to meet Jared I called Chloe to come and watch the girls. When she got here I gave her a hug and left. I ran down the stairs. I walked all the way to the park.
When I got there I saw Jared sitting on a bench near the fountain. I sat next to him.
I looked around the park was empty. Jared stood up and a band came in playing our old song.
Jared stood up and bowed asking for my hand. I took it and he pulled me into his chest.
I looked up into his blue orbs I had to ask him. It was now or never.
"So who was that girl at the club with you?" I asked my voice shaking with fear.
"She is just my cousin. Her name is Jasmine."
I looked up not believing it one bit.
"I'm not kidding. Are you jealous?"
"No, why would I be." I looked around us. It was a beautiful night. The stars were out and shining beautifully.
I smiled. The song ended and Jared handed them a fifty and then we ran towards the ice cream parlor.
CLOSED
I looked at Jared. He took a key from under the mat and unlocked the door.
"How did you know that was there?"
"My aunt owns the shop." He went behind the counter. He grabbed two bowls.
"What kind?" He asked looking up at me.
"White chocolate raspberry." I said looking at the ice creams.
When we had our treats we sat at the bar in the window.
"Do you remember our prom?" Jared asked.
"Yeah, I looked stupid my hair was half up half down. My purple dress turned black I was the ugliest girl there." I laughed.
Apparently my laugh was contagious because Jared started laughing too. I looked at him he was still laughing.
"Stop laughing at me!!!" I whined into the empty air.
"I'm sorry."
"Was that really your cousin at the club?" I asked skeptically.
"No, I work with her in the office. Her name really is Jasmine though. Her boyfriend was there."
I looked at him. I was trying to decide if he was telling the truth.
"I believe you."
"Thank the gods." He said lifting me off my feet.
"Put me down." I screeched in his ear as he spun me around.
He set me down I was dizzy, but I managed.

We started walking towards my apartment.
"Okay, Do you remember our first date?" I asked.
"Yes." Was all I got out of him.
"Okay what about our fist kiss?" I asked.
"Hmm." He put on his thinking face it was still the same.
"Really." I asked him.
"Of course I do Emory. How could I forget?"
We got to my apartment door and I kissed his cheek then went inside. Chloe was lounging on the couch.
"Hi."
"Hi,how was the date?" Chloe asked hyper.
"It wasn't a date."
"Why are you smiling then."
"I don't know." I smiled then went up stairs.

Word count: 885
Please vote,comment, and follow.
I know this update was late sorry I've been busy.😢