➢forty-one.

It was the next day and the boys set out to find Hyejin. Well, some of the boys. The eager ones were Jihoon, Seongwoo and of course Jinyoung. The other boys were interested, but not as much as those three. They made sure to check the hallways, the stairwell and would peek inside classrooms whenever they passed by one.

During lunch, the three boys were racing against eachother to finish their food first so they could have enough time to properly scout the cafeteria. Hyejin noticed them walking around. She felt the need to hide herself, but for what? They didn't know it was her they were looking for.

At one point Jinyoung walked by her table and they locked eyes. Her heartbeat quickened but was relaxed when he looked away seconds later. She was relieved but disappointed at the same time. He looked at me like I was a stranger, but I am, to him atleast. But why do I still feel hurt?

But as the hours past and their final classes for the day approached, they still had no luck. Not one sign of her. The boys were slowly starting to give up. Tomorrow was a new day, they could try again then. But one of them was still determined to find her.

It was the last class of the day, Jinyoung was not focusing on the lesson at all. He was annoyed that he couldn't find her. He wanted to text her, ask her why she wouldn't just come see them, see him. It would just make things easier for them, but every time he would talk to her, she would instantly go offline. So he rather not ask at all.

After what felt like an eternity, his teacher finally dismissed his class. Jinyoung packed up his belongings while the rest of the students pushed their way out the room. While he was packing, his eyes were focused outside the classroom, hoping to spot the girl magically pass by him.

Just when he zipped up his backpack, his eyes widened. He saw the person walk past the classroom. Jinyoung threw his backpack over his shoulder and ran out the classroom and down the hall. This was his chance.

He called out to the person's name. They stopped and slowly turned around.

"Hey, Donghyun right?" Jinyoung asked when he approached the boy. Jinyoung knew of Donghyun, but were never friends. They see each other in the halls and he was pretty sure Woojin was friends with the boy.

"Yeah. You're Jinyoung, right?." He nodded in response.

"Whats up?" Donghyun asked.

"I heard that you asked out a girl named Hyejin to the dance?" Jinyoung felt a little awkward asking him that, but he had to suck it up if he wanted to find her.

"Oh yeah Hyejin, I mean I did but she rejected. Why?" The memories of that day replayed through his head. He was kind of disappointed she rejected him, but he respected her choice.

"Oh no it's just that I'm doing a project with her and she told me to meet her at her locker but I lost the note she gave me. Do you by any chance know her locker number?" Jinyoung had no choice but to lie. He wasn't going to tell Donghyun that he was about to ask the same girl, who rejected him, to the dance. It would have been rude, and who knows he may have not told him any info about her.

Donghyun thought for a bit, "Oh, I think her locker was in the early 500's or something like that, it should be downstairs."

Jinyoung was overly excited but tried to hide it. He quickly thanked Donghyun and dashed to the nearest stairwell. If I'm fast enough, I can make it to her locker before she leaves.

He ran down the stairs in lightning speed, skipping steps as he went. It was dangerous but he didn't care. He didn't want to miss this chance. He didn't want to miss her.

He made it to the lower level and scanned through the locker numbers, he passed the 300's and finally got to the 400's. The hallway was empty, only a few students were at their lockers while some were standing, chatting with their friends.