two ➳ real life

CHAPTER TWO
REAL LIFE
*:・゚*:・゚

nick looked up from the conversation he was having on his phone, his attention now returning to katherine. "i'm meeting with him tomorrow." he stated.

"tomorrow?" katherine asked in surprise. "that's a tad soon, isn't it? especially when we're working on season two of thirteen reasons why in a few days."

"it'll be okay. i told him i'm free all day tomorrow. will you go with me though? it'd make things less awkward."

"and intrude on your possible date? no thanks." katherine answered. nick always loved how her accent seemed to be more noticeable when she pronounced certain words.

nick frowned. "it's not a date! and he's a guy, so, how would it be a date? i'm not gay." he objected.

"yeah, yeah, i know. take a joke." she said as she rolled her eyes.

"can we finish watching the lion king now?"

"thought you told hunter you had to go. doesn't that imply that you're busy?"

"i did. i'm spending time with my girl, hunter can wait until tomorrow to talk to the all so amazing, and wonderful, person, that is me." he dramatically said, leaning back on the couch. he grabbed the remote from the table next to them and pressed play, the sound of the movie playing through the speakers of the tv.

"your girl, huh?" katherine raised her eyebrows. "be careful. you may have just broken his heart."

"i can't break his heart when we don't even know each other. now let's watch mufasa die as i pretend not to cry."

katherine giggled softly, looking over at nick. if you didn't know who the two were, you'd easily assume they were a couple. katherine would be lying if she said she didn't have the tiniest of a crush on the brunet. but, he had issues. ones she couldn't fix. she didn't even know of them, only knew that they were there.

katherine's eyes were practically glued to the screen, until she heard nick sniffling. her eyes glanced over at his, which were filled with teardrops waiting to fall. "nick, bub, it's a movie. it's not real." she said mockingly, although she hated to see him cry.

"but...mufasa....he doesn't deserve to die, man! why must disney tear my heart out."

"it's what disney does best."

"well, fuck disney then."

nick rested his head against katherine's shoulder, who simply rested her head against his. she was happy they were finally working together again. ever since love, simon, had been finished, she worried they would drift apart. but, now with nick guest staring on thirteen reasons why, she had an excuse to see him.

the sound of nick's snoring broke the silence between the two, katherine simply sighing quietly.
the only time nick was ever quiet was when he was sleeping. katherine loved and hated that.