sixteen ➳ real life

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
REAL LIFE
*:・゚*:・゚

"how would you be in love with me?" brandon asked, his heart beginning to race at what nick said. he was praying it was true. "you've only known me for about a month."

"but, you don't get it."

"you're right. i don't."

"i was obsessed with you in season one and i was,  like, an obsessed fan of you. i admired you and saw you as a role model. and now we're best friends. combine both of that and i'm bound to have some form of feelings towards you, brandon. i just really don't want to be in love with someone who doesn't feel the same way and it hurts. especially when the only person i can tell it to is the one i'm in love with."

he said it. without even meaning to, he said it. nick regretted saying it and brandon regretted hearing it. neither really knew how to react.

"what makes you think i don't feel the same way?" brandon blurted out.

nick paused. "what?"

"you're the definition of someone who's perfectly imperfect. you have the kindest most caring heart ever, you want to make everyone happy all the time, and you fall apart the moment you think you let someone down. you're beautiful, inside and out. i hate how in so little time i can easily say this, but i think i'm falling for you. i really don't want to rush anything but i'm always so scared you'll end up with someone else, like keiynan."

"keiynan isn't my type."

"what exactly is your type?"

"people named brandon."

"fuck, so you're saying my co-star has a chance with you? damn, i'm jealous."

"i keep forgetting you and brandon larracuente have the same first name." nick said with a chuckle, shaking his head at brandon.

brandon smiled at him. "yup. it gets confusing especially when no one can pronounce his fucking last name."

silence filled the room again. breaking the silence, brandon asked, "can i be honest with you?"

"of course, what is it?" nick asked, moving closer to the shorter boy.

brandon questioned even saying anything, wondering if he'd just end up humiliating himself. "it makes me really happy that you're still wearing my hoodie."

"it smells like your cologne. it's comforting." he admitted.

"i don't want to be one of those people...but, it seriously looks really good on you. you look fucking attractive. seriously, not many people can pull of pink. but you're rocking it."

nick's face turned a dark shade of red, smiling widely at what brandon had said. it felt like his heart had just skipped a beat. "says the one who looks breathtaking in my cheap ass hoodie."

"i really hate that you have to have an attractive face and personality. it isn't fair." brandon stated, not taking his eyes off nick. they were both staring at the other and neither really seemed to care.

"stop saying cute shit like that or my heart is gonna stop." nick dramatized, placing a hand over his chest.

brandon smiled softly. "hey, nick.." his voice trailed off, his eyes fluttering down to his lips and then back to nick's eyes. nick noticed this but didn't say anything.

"yeah?"

"guess what."

"wh-" he began to ask, but was cut off mid-sentence when brandon grabbed onto nick's hoodie, pulling him closer. nick's heart was now practically racing a mile a minute. brandon's grip on nick's hoodie remained.

being this close to brandon, nick noticed that his eyes were blue with tiny streaks of green, and a lot brighter than he had previously thought. he didn't realize that he was slowly leaning in, or that brandon was doing the same.

his breathing hitched when he felt a pair of lips against his own. his eyes slowly closed as he melted into the kiss, feeling brandon release his grip on his hoodie. he gasped softly when he felt brandon's hands on his waist, causing brandon to laugh softly, pulling away for a moment. but as quick as he had pulled away, was as quick as his lips met nick's again.

nick wrapped his arms around brandon, his fingers mindlessly running through his hair. it was a feeling of pure bliss and nick loved it.

the kiss grew deeper and rougher. nick felt himself softly and slowly being pushed onto his back, now lying down. brandon was now on top of nick. both of their hearts were racing, their breathing sharp and uneven. they didn't care.

brandon's kisses slowly moved from nick's lips and trailed down to his neck.

nick's breathing hitched again, feeling a fluttery feeling in his chest and stomach. it felt like someone had just released a cage of butterflies that were moving faster than the speed of light. he had never felt like this before. no one had never been able to leave him speechless in this kind of way before.

brandon's lips moved back to nick's, before slowly pulling away. both of them sat up, out of breath and faces flushed pink.

"nick-"

"yes?"

"would you be my boyfriend?"

nick's heart felt like it had stopped, and then began beating fast again. "you don't have to ask me twice. obviously, the answer is yes. i didn't just practically make out with you for the hell of it."

brandon smiled widely. "wow. it's really weird for me to say you're now my boyfriend. a good kind of weird."

nick's smile was replaced with a frown. "you won't mind keeping it a secret? from everyone, katherine, miles, keiynan, hunt-"

brandon stopped him. "i don't mind. your happiness is what matters. and if keeping it a secret is what you're comfortable with, we'll keep it a secret until you feel comfortable to make it public."

"damn. this is actually happening."