eighteen ➳ real life

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
REAL LIFE
*:・゚*:・゚

nick sat on the cold, metal bench, staring down at his phone. he impatiently waited to see brandon. there had been a few people who had noticed nick, making him stop on the way there to take a few pictures. he didn't mind that though.

he smiled when he saw a familiar brunet walking towards him.

"hey, so, there's been a change in plans." was the first sentence brandon said once he was standing in front of nick.

he looked at brandon questioningly. "change in plans? there was a plan?"

"keiynan and hunter, i kinda invited them along. are we taking your car or mine?"

nick paused. "are they with you now?"

"maybe.." brandon mumbled.

"um," he thought for a moment. "your car."

"okay, let's go. i'd prefer not to have those two alone in my truck, lord knows what they're doing right now." brandon joked. nick rolled his eyes at the comment, following him to his red truck.

nick found it ironic that brandon drove a red pickup truck. brandon owned another car as well, but he insisted the truck was nicer for driving around. he liked not having a 'super fancy fuckboy car.'

nick smiled when he saw keiynan and hunter in the back of the truck, sitting by the window to the inside. nick always wondered why brandon's truck didn't have a backseat.

"kei!" he exclaimed.

"aye, nick." keiynan grinned when seeing nick standing next to the small truck. "so, any clue where your boyfriend is taking us?"

"m-my what?"

keiynan laughed, playfully punching nick's arm. "brandon. it's obvious he has a crush on you. maybe this is a big master plan for him to confess his undying love for you." he dramatically held his hand to his chest, sighing deeply. hunter giggled uncontrollably at keiynan, although nick didn't find it all too funny.

"sure, that'll happen the day i decide i hate harry potter."

"but, you love harry potter." hunter argued.

"exactly."

brandon sat down in the driver's seat, closing the door behind him. nick looked over at him, walking to the door. resting his arms against the open window, he asked, "is it okay if i sit in the back with hunter and keiynan?"

"yeah, of course." he shrugged. "unroll the window though so i can actually talk to you, i'm not spending hours of driving listening to keiynan make you laugh and being completely ignored." he said jokingly.

"gotcha. where exactly are we going?" he asked, now leaning his head against his hands that were rested against the open window. his eyes were gazing up at brandon.

brandon shrugged. "you'll see. but, you might want to get in the back before i leave without you."

"you would never!" nick fake gasped.

"i do have a question though," brandon's voice grew quieter. "when are we telling them? keiynan is your best friend and i've actually gotten to know hunter. they won't think any differently of you."

"how about sometime today? when the timing is right."

"no denying, or backing out?"

"no denying, pinkie promise." nick held out his pinkie on his left hand, giggling when linking it to brandon's.

"i really want to kiss you right now." brandon blurted. everything about nick seemed so mesmerizing in the simple moment. nick wasn't even trying to get brandon's attention, he never seemed to try. it just always happened.

"too bad. also, might want to keep your voice down, unless you feel like explaining to the two why we're being so secretive? because, i'd gladly not be the one to do that." he teased.

"okay, okay. go on, now. we're wasting time."

"it's never a waste of time when i'm with you, dumbass." nick kissed brandon's cheek softly, before running to the back of the truck. he easily jumped up and sat next to keiynan. brandon's eyes never left nick until he got out of sight.

both keiynan and hunter looked at nick, whose face was now bright red. "what?" nick asked.

"so..did he confess his undying love yet?" hunter questioned.

"no, not yet. calm down."