Chapter 29: Time just for us

"Aria?" I heard Blakes voice break through the darkness.

I opened my eyes. The burning had stopped. Blake had put my arm back into my suit and zipped it back up. From feeling pain and weakness to just feeling calm was strange. My breathing was calm and my thoughts were calm. It had been awhile since that had happened. No thoughts of sadness or hurt, nothing reminding me of being a monster or of what I had done. Nothing just calm and stillness. I didn't feel an empty calmness, it was a peaceful calm. It had been so long since my mind was peaceful. It would normally be planning, on high alert or keeping me aware of my hunger. 

"Strange." I whispered, I stared at the sky. 

It wasn't blue anymore. The night sky and stars looked down on us as we still sat under the tree on the cold forest ground. Blake stayed all this time? I was enjoying this. The peaceful cloudless night sky. I was able to see the stars. I couldn't tell where the moon was but just seeing the stars was nice. 

"Do you feel ok?" Blake asked, concern was in his voice which he then seemed annoyed at when I looked at him with a smile on my face. 

"I feel strange but it's nice." I then tried to get to my feet. I almost fell but I got my balance. 

Blake stood and handed me the bag. "Your new uniform. Wear your markings with pride and if people call you a monster or look at you like one don't let it bother you." 

I took the bag off him then frowned. "The markings? Does it mean I am Shanes now?" 

He shook his head. "No, our markings are different so if it meant we were Shanes then they would be the same. You will notice some parts are similar but that's it." Blake sighed. "Go home now. They will be worried about you," He turned his back to me. "The next time we see each other will be when I'm guarding Shane, so give me a darn good fight. Beat me in the fight and I will help you kill Shane." He smiled at me over his shoulder then left.

Carrying the bag with me I went into the house through the back door. I noticed everyone appearing from different directions but I ignored them and walked up the stairs. I wanted the calmness I felt to last longer. I wanted to see the new uniform I had gotten, which was strange because I knew it was from Shane, and I wanted to see my markings. 

I felt them keeping an eye on me as I moved to the bathroom. I had some dry blood on me from where Blake had fed off me and I wanted to wash it off. Taking off the cat suit I looked into the mirror. My eyes still were their red that I found beautiful. It was hard to miss the black ink that was now on my skin. It had crawled up to my jaw then down the side of my neck to my shoulder then over my chest slighting then down my arm to my finger tips. I turned in the mirror to see my tattoo on my back. It was still there but seemed to be a darker black than it was before. 

My mum would have killed me if she was alive. Both could be said that they were self inflicted, my back I willingly got done and then I willingly took my arm out for Blake to stab with a needle.

I jumped into the shower washing my body quickly then once out without even getting dried and just wrapping a towel around me I looked in the bag. Pulling out a new black leather cat suit make me smile. It was strange but I told myself it was from Blake and Luna, not Shane. Luna, my family, and Blake. The only two that really knew all of me and accepted it. 

I hurried to get dried, feeling the excitement run through me because I kept telling myself that it was from Luna and Blake. They gave me it. Lifting it up again I slipped it on then looked in the mirror. This one wasn't much different. The old one was full body but this one wasn't. It had one long sleeve and then on the arm with the marks was a short short sleeve just on my shoulder. The top of the new one was a deep v-neck which showed the marking that had went on my chest. The part of it crawling up my neck and part of my jaw stood out so much. The zip for this one ended when the v-neck started making it even impossible to cover some of the markings. I put on my boots, put the old one into the bag and took one last look at myself.