Chapter 2: Briarlight

My first chappy has 10 reads:3

I'm touched.

Chapter 2:

"Hi Jayfeather!" Briarlight, my medicine cat apprentice walked in.

It had taken a while for Jayfeather to accept Briarlight as his apprentice.

It felt- weird- for Jayfeather. He was never much of the mentor type of cat. Briarlight wanted to be one so she could serve the clan.

Cause she couldn't be a warrior anymore. Her hind legs were behind that.

"Jayfeather, what are you thinking about?" she mewed as her back gently rubbed against mine.

I had read her mind before. She actually... liked me. Apparently, she found that behind my cold words and eyes, I was a kind cat inside.

And also, I did like her. That was rather true.

But as I had thought before, I was a medicine cat. I could never be any cat's mate.

And she was my apprentice! She couldn't mate either! So why is she feeling such towards me? Or, rather, why do I like her back?

"Jayfeather! Are you okay?" her sweet voice sounded with worry.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Go fetch some herbs will you? The parsley stock is running low. Maybe ask Bumblestripe to go with you." I replied.

"Okay!" she ran out. But I felt her emotions towards me.

So, did I like her?

This is super short- for reasons I myself cannot understand.

Ciao.