Pan

I laid in my bed, staring up through the glass window on the ceiling. All I did was lay on this bed, staring up at the stars, hoping they'd return her to me.

"Mom? Mom where are you?"

"Let go of me you monster!" I heard her hiss from behind the locked door to her office.

"Mom!" I shouted, banging on the door.

"Don't let her see us, keep that door blocked" a British male voice ordered.

I stood back and concentrated on putting some power into my hands, trying to get enough to blast down the door, but I wasn't strong enough. So I went with my second option, kicking down the door with force.

"Let go of her!" I growl.

There were five boys in there, all with hoods covering their faces. Two of them grabbed my arms, keeping me from attacking the boy that had a hold of my mom.

"Seraphina, you keep safe, keep that ring I gave you on at all times" Mom told me.

"What is a ring gonna do?"

"Just do as I say"

The hand of the boy that held onto my mom had a ring on it, something I remembered because when I found the owner of that ring I would find my mother's captors.

The boy flew out of the window with my mother before she could say anything else and I woke up in the office the next day in an empty house. I couldn't remember what I did after that, all I did remember was that dream about the place called Storybrooke. The ring never left my finger, it stayed on since the day she told me to keep it on.

A shadow flew over my house, making me creep off of the bed. Said shadow then flew to my window, landing on the balcony and letting himself in. It was a boy, around 18, my age, with light brown hair and green eyes.

"Who're you?" I demand.

"You don't remember me? Oh, that's right, the spell" he said, his voice filled with an obvious British accent.

"Spell?" I ask, the word sounding like nonsense on my tongue.

He didn't hear me though. "Maybe it was too much to think you'd be fast and smart enough to get away in time. Or that you'd want to get away"

"I repeat, who are you?"

"Pan"

"Peter Pan, the boy in the stories about Neverland with the pirates and-"

"No, it's just... Pan"

"Well Pan-" I say, putting a harsh emphasis on his name, "-what do you think you're doing in my house?"

"I came to see you, take you to Neverland"

I scoff, backing up towards the door. "Why?"

"You're lost"

"But I'm not a boy"

"I'm offering you a chance to come see what it's like" he explained. "The fun you could have instead of wasting your time thinking about whatever is on your mind"

He knew something, something about what happened to me, and I didn't like that. I tried to open the door but magically it was locked. Pan approached me, gently placing his hands on my face, his thumbs brushing my cheeks like I were something delicate.

"What happened to your face?" He asks.

"What do you mean what happened?" I snap.

"The pink marks, where have they gone?"

"Pink marks? What are you talking about?"

"But you did... who are you and what have you done to Seraphina?" He demanded.

I rip his hands from my face and hook my foot in the back of his knee, making him collapse to the ground. I leaned down and grabbed a handful of his hair, making him look up into my narrowed eyes.

"I am Seraphina"

"No you aren't"

"I am. Those pink marks you speak of, they suddenly vanished when my mother vanished. I believe there was some spell that involved her life that was the cause of them... why am I explaining this to you?" I shove him back, standing up straight and crossing my arms. "It's my problem, no one else's"

"I'll listen if you'd care to explain"

He stood up and sat on my bed, waiting for me. I sighed, running a hand through my hair, staring up at the stars. My mind was a mess, couldn't think about wether or not it was worth it to tell him. I sat beside him on the bed, staring at the floor as he watched me.

"6 months ago, my mother was kidnapped by some boys with hoods. The marks vanished when she did, but the memories and thoughts never left my mind. I'm going to find whoever it was and they'll give me my mother back, unless the worst has happened and she's dead, meaning her captors are dead"

"You're all alone"

"It was only us for a while, now it's just me. I feel like this has happened before"

"What has?"

"My mom vanishing, but last time I had to go looking for her. No, it was just a dream, I never actually found her afterwards, never mind"

His eyes widened for a moment but he said nothing. He stood up and held a hand out for me. I quickly inspected it, noticing there was no ring.

"Why don't you come with me? It'll be an adventure"

I stare up at him for a moment, then scoff. "No"

"No?"

"You're a strange boy that just showed up in my room asking if I wanted to go with him to 'Neverland' and listening to me talk about my missing mother. No, I will not go with you, now get out of my house"

He dropped his hand but smirked, making his way towards the balcony door. "I'll see you later, Seraphina"

He flew out of the room and I shivered. Not because of the open door, allowing the cool night air to flow inside, it was the way he said my name. He said it so charmingly... yet deviously, and it sounded vaguely familiar coming from his lips.

I look out at the sky and whisper. "Don't worry Mom, I won't be going to Neverland anytime soon"