Stories

There were no sounds in the forest. No animals, no wind, no rustling, nothing. It was silent. I couldn't even hear the sounds of the boys cheering anymore. But one sound caught my attention, some footsteps approaching me after I stood on my own for a couple of minutes.

"Do I not get any food?" I ask whoever was approaching me, not bothering to check who it was. "It's pretty rude not to offer your guest a snack, or at least something to drink"

"Tell me the truth" Pan said steadily from the shadows surrounding me. "What happened to your face?"

"Why are you so concerned about my face?" I ask, using my eyes to try and locate him.

"Just tell me" he sounded patient, ready to have to wait a while to get an answer from me.

I pressed my lips together, thinking before I spoke. "When I was young, before I could control my powers, I almost killed my mom. So, she made a spell that kept my magic under control. The pink marks were meant to keep my magical ability at a low level because it could get really powerful. Sort of like a dampener for my magic"

"Then why have they disappeared?"

"I don't know, they disappeared when she did. Unless the worse happened and they disappeared when she died. If she died. That's one way I could think of breaking the bonds of the spell"

"Who is your mother?"

I lean back against the tree, looking up through the branches. "Her name is Evanora, witch of the East. A nice woman, but she's got a temper hidden underneath. Tall, slim, brown hair, blue eyes. She's wise"

He went silent, and it was quiet once again. I could hear the faint sound of him changing weight from one foot to another, a little leaf crunching under his foot, but nothing else.

"Stay here" he muttered, walking away.

"Not like I have anywhere else I need to be" I say with a sigh, trying to pick out constellations in the sky through the branches.

There weren't many stars up in the sky, they were either covered by clouds or tree branches or they just weren't there at all. Two stars shone brighter than the others, side by side, it made me think of the stories, fairytales, written about the young and good boy named Peter.

"Second star to the right and straight on till morning" I quote, chuckling.

It was something to be able to see it in person, the stars, Neverland and Peter Pan himself. The stars shone bright, just like I imagined. Neverland though, it was darker than anything ever written about it. And Peter Pan, who only went by Pan, the evil boy with a dark heart.

"What is that supposed to be from?" A different voice asked.

"A story that comes from the non-magical world. Aren't you supposed to be with the other Lost Boys?"

"Pan sent me to bring you this"

He came closer to me, stepping out of the shadows. His face was still covered, hiding the face that belonged to the boy, but I could see a cup of water and an apple in his hands.

"If I'm going to eat you'll have to untie me, right now my hands are immovable"

"I shouldn't-"

"Pan already explained to me I will not be able to leave the island, I have nowhere to go anyway"

He goes around to the back of the tree, pulling out a knife from his pocket. The ropes fell to the ground and I rubbed my arms, trying to lessen the pain from the ropes rubbing against my skin. The boy kept the knife out, probably just in case I tried anything, and handed me the apple and cup.

"Thanks"

I bite into the apple, sitting on the ground and leaning against the tree. The boy stood, watching me eat the apple.

"What's up with the hood? Why are all of you hiding your faces?"

"It was raining before, but when you woke up it stopped" he responds.

"Then why is it still up?"

He reluctantly removed his hood, revealing the face of a 16 year old boy with blue eyes and brown hair, freckles on his cheeks and a scar on his right cheek. I smile, taking another bite of the apple.

"I'm Seraphina"

"I know, Pan warned us all about you"

"Well normally when someone introduces themselves the other introduces themselves"

"Oh, I'm Devin"

"Wait, you said it was raining. Why am I not wet? My hair is dry, so are my clothes"

"It was weird, there was a little area above you where it wasn't raining" he says with a shrug. "It wasn't because of the trees because the canopy isn't that thick"

I opened my mouth but Pan's voice spoke before I could. Devin's head snapped up to where Pan was and I rolled my eyes.

"Why is she untied?" He demanded calmly.

"I-uh-"

"I asked him to untie me, so I could eat. It's hard to eat when I can't move my arms" I say.

"Tie her back up, but not to the tree. Bind her hands then bring her back to camp" Pan orders Devin.

I stand up, downing the water and dropping the rest of the apple on the ground, and offer my hands to Devin, my wrists pushed against one another. He picked up the rope and tied one end around my wrists, using the other end as a lead.

The camp wasn't too far away. Boys were sitting around a fire, just talking amongst each other. Others were practicing shooting bow and arrows. And the rest were either fighting in a ring made of sticks or watching the fight. There was maybe two dozen altogether.

"Boys-" Pan announced, all the attention immediately going to him. "-say hello to Seraphina"