Past Love

"I'm leaving this island, I'm going to return to my mother, I'll be happy to never have to see you again"

"Are you so sure about that love?"

I storm straight for the green portal that I had opened, standing near the edge when I reach it. My hair and clothes blew as the portal whirled around.

"I made my mind up long ago" I say, not looking away from the portal.

"But I thought I changed your mind" he says, now standing directly beside me.

I don't take my eyes off of the portal, not even when it started to shrink. I take one last glance at Pan, catching his unusually worried and scared eyes. He hastily pushes his lips against mine, trying to convince me to stay, but as I had said earlier...

"Please stay" he pleads.

"You think a simple action like that is gonna make me stay" I say, getting ready to step into the portal. "It won't"

"Seraphina-"

"Game over"

***

"Pan?"

"What is it Seraphina?" He asked.

He was lying on his bed, his eyes closed and hands rested under his head. He looked a little mad. I took a deep breath and approached him, sitting beside him. Before he opened his eyes I cupped his cheeks and pushed my lips on his.

He was shocked with the action but looked like he was enjoying it. When I pulled away he couldn't move. My plan worked. He stared at me as I stood up.

"Game, set, match"

***

I open my eyes, thinking over everything I had seen in the dream. It was my memories, parts of me that I had forgotten.

"Where is my mother?" I demand when Pan walks into the room.

"I don't know, I don't have her"

"You do"

I stand up, going over to him.

"I know you do, I know now. At first, I didn't connect the dots, but I have now and it was you that took her"

"Why don't we have one final game?"  He suggests.

"I'm done with your games Pan"

I look down, noticing the ring that he had on his hand. I grab his hand, looking at the ring, then I rip it off his hand. I shoved him out of the way, rushing out of the treehouse and somehow flying away. But Pan flew after me, and he looked angry.

I stopped above the ocean, holding my arm out to the side, the ring in my fist. Pan stopped, glaring at me.

"She's dead" he tells me. "She was dead before you arrived"

"You killed my mom, why? What has she done?"

"Give me back the ring"

"No"

"I've had enough of you Seraphina"

He lunged at me, making the both of us fly down towards the water. My grip on the ring loosened and I dropped it, but Pan didn't notice. We hit the water, sinking down a little bit, but he dragged me back up to the surface. He pulled me onto the land, standing above me while I caught my breath.

"What do you think, are you ready to die now?"

I kneel and look up, staring straight into his mischievous eyes. "To die would be an awfully big adventure"

He glared at me. "You aren't scared?"

"I like making things difficult for you. It's fun to watch you run around, confused, not having a solution to make you win. If I am going to die, you will not gain anything from it. If anything, you will be the loser, and I will be the victor"

He grabs the front of my shirt, pulling me up to my feet. He put a dagger to my neck, but his eyes weren't filled with hate. He looked hesitant.

"You can kill me, but you can never kill the memories"

I closed my eyes, awaiting the dagger to pierce my heart or slice my throat, but all I felt was his grip on my shirt loosening. I don't open my eyes, thinking he was only messing with me.

"I can't, I'm sorry" he whispered.

My body fell and my eyes flung open. The dagger was on the ground, Pan wasn't here anymore, and the ring was lost in the ocean. I went back into the water, swimming around, searching the bottom until my hand found a small circular object. I surfaced and looked at the ring, holding it up next to mine. They were almost the exact same.

I flew around, looking for Pan. Eventually, I found him sitting on a rock. He was staring at a tree across from him, one knee up with his elbow resting on it.

I landed a couple feet away from him, out of his view. He didn't turn to me when I approached him, stopping behind him.

"Why did you kill her?" I ask quietly.

"I didn't. All I did was bring her here"

"Then how did she die?"

"She did it to herself. She took my dagger and... I don't know why. I brought her here, wanting her to get you your memory back, bring you back to me, but she wouldn't allow it. She said it was too dangerous for you here"

"It's dangerous everywhere, she was just being the overprotective parent. And now she's dead"