tumblr prompt one

prompt: ryan is a succubus, and is using shane as an incubus. guilt prevails as ryan grows to feel for his host.

ryan flicked his cigarette into a trash can he shuffled past as he walked into the buzzfeed headquarters building. he removed his hat and coat as he got to his desk, and was happy to see that shane was already there.

"jesus christ, it's colder than a motherfucker out there." ryan said as he sat down at his computer.

"i thought you might say that!" shane said happily, picking up a paper coffee cup that had Ryan scribbled on the side and shook it.

ryan's eyes lit up. "my savior." he said, taking the cup. he looked back at shane, who was staring at his computer screen with a wide, red hot blush across his face.

ryan frowned, looking back to his laptop and sighing.

ryan has had shane under his spell for about two weeks now. after all, ryan was a succubus. humans were vulnerable; very vulnerable. especially the humans like shane. shane was desperate for love and the perfect incubus for ryan. much like a siren, a succubus' intent was simply to seduce humans and reveal their sins. ryan's intent was not to fall in actual, non-succubus love with shane, but to simply reveal his sin and move onto another incubus. unfortunately, that was not the case.

every time shane blushed, ryan's stomach did a backflip. every time shane laughed, ryan's hands got sweaty. this wasn't what happened to regular succubus'. they weren't supposed to fall in love with their incubus.

and it tore ryan apart. he knew that he was in love with shane, and he knew shane didn't give a damn about him. shane was a human being under a supernatural spell, he wasn't actually in love with ryan. it didn't work like that.

late one night, ryan had shane back at his apartment. they were watching a captain america movie, ryan couldn't tell which one. when ryan was active on earth in the forties, one of his incubus' was obsessed with the early marvel comics. ryan had read so many captain america comic books during that time that every story line kind of blended together for him.

sometime during the movie, shane had placed a hand on ryan's knee. ryan watched his hand carefully as it moved up ryan's leg. his mind screamed at him to let shane continue, to let ryan do his job, but his conscious screamed back. he couldn't let shane do this to himself, not under a spell.

"no!" ryan screamed, sending shane's hand flying off his thigh. ryan calmly took the tv remote off the side table and paused the movie, looking to shane. his eyes were wide, and his hand was frozen mid-air. his chest was rising and falling deeply, sweat forming on his forehead.

"i-... i-im sorry," shane said quietly as ryan stared at him with sad eyes. "i just thought... with the flirting, and how you held my hand at the company party, i'm so sorry, i've been reading this all wrong i'm sorry i'll go-"

"no, please," ryan cut him off. "i... i haven't been honest with you." shane stared at him, his eyes still wide. "are you aware of what a succubus is?" shane nodded. "i laid a spell on you."

shane cocked his head. "but, i like you ryan. a lot."

ryan felt his heart shatter into a million pieces while tears filled his eyes. "no, you don't, shane." he said with a broken voice.

shane sighed. "are you gonna lift it? the spell?"

ryan nodded. he lifted his hands and hummed, his fingers turning into bird-like claws. he whispered in latin, and that was it. the spell had been lifted, and ryan knew shane was gone. that shane would walk out, and that would be it. ryan would be alone again, forever searching for someone to use and exploit before moving onto the next one.

"did you lift it?" shane asked, unbothered.

ryan blinked. "yes?"

"i don't feel any different."

before ryan could answer, he was up against the arm of his couch, shane's lips on his. his eyes were wide open, while shane's stayed scrunched shut. ryan slowly moved his hands to shane's waist as his eyes fluttered closed, kissing back. it was a slow, cautious movement. shane's lips tasted of popcorn and coffee.

shane pulled back, taking a hold of ryan's hand. stars were held in ryan's eyes; he had never felt that kind of passion before. no one had ever kissed him without a spell before, and he had never felt that kind of raw power and meaning behind a kiss.

"are you still going to exploit my sins?" shane said sarcastically, earning a bright laugh from ryan. tears fell from ryan's eyes as happiness enveloped his being. shane wiped the tears away with his finger and smiled, placing his wide hand on the side of ryan's face.

"no, i promise." ryan said before meeting shane halfway to steal another kiss.