tumblr prompt three

prompt: demon!shane fails to hold up his facade when ryan shoots him with his little holy water gun.

"oh, fuck me!" ryan yelped, jumping back and grabbing onto shane's arm. shane laughed, watching the small, inferior demon slink around in the shadows. "did you hear that!?" ryan asked, looking up at shane.

"oh, i heard it." he said, sarcasm tingeing his voice. ryan dead-paned, frustrated with shane's incapability to be afraid, or even worried at the least.

ryan un-sheathed his water gun full of holy water and pulled it on shane, letting go of his arm and pointing it at his chest. shane flinched, standing back. he quickly caught himself, raising his hands in sarcastic defense and raising his eyebrows. "slow down there, buckaroo!" he said loudly, a shit eating grin covering his face. ryan suddenly remembered where they were, and cowered near the doorway. shane's grin fell to a smirk, looking back at at the smaller demon in the corner. he spit his tongue out, and it retreated.

"let's just move onto the other room, asshole." ryan sighed, putting the green water gun back into his holster and leaving the room.

shane smiled. "you know you love me." he bickered back, following ryan into the dark and musty hallway and interlacing his fingers with ryan's.

they visited several other rooms, using the spirit box and the evp reader, causing freak outs on ryan's part, and laidback sarcasm on shane's. the place was infested, for sure, but not by anything important. one small little demon followed them through the narrow corridors and low ceiling basements they entered, but following was all it did. it focused on ryan with curiosity, but as soon as shane, a much more important and stronger entity, gave it one look, it cowered back into the shadows.

ryan pulled the water gun on shane twice more, causing shane to flinch and put space between the two. shane would quickly cover himself, responding with sarcasm and lame gimmicks to distract ryan and their crew from his unusual behavior.

as they entered the most "active" room in the haunted facility, shane commented on how the spirit box was a royal pain in the ass, getting a ride out of ryan.

"i can't even believe that stupid thing. it's giving me a headache." shane whined, dramatically laying a hand over his forehead.

"oh, stop complaining you big baby." ryan said, pulling out the water gun and shooting shane in the arm, laughing all the while.

searing pain ran through shane's arm. "oh, fuck!" shane yelled, grabbing his arm and breathing in through gritted teeth. ryan watched in horror with wide eyes as shane's skin bubbled, reacting to the blessed water before reducing to a blotchy, red spot on his bicep. "jesus christ, that fucking hurt." shane sighed, rubbing the spot. he looked up and met ryan's horrified stare.

"oh shit, ryan-" shane went to hold out his hands, but ryan pointed the little green gun at him and backed himself against the wall.

"stay back, demon!" ryan yelped. the shakiness of his voice proved how brave ryan really was. guilt and worry struck shane like a low blow to the gut as he realized the intensity of the situation.

"baby, please, i'm not here to hurt you," shane started, standing up with his hands still out. "i'm here to protect you, i've been-"

shane cut himself off as a low gurgle caught both of their attentions. out of the shadows, a large, disgusting creature slinked it's way towards them.

"ryan..." shane said, turning back to the petrified man who had backed himself into a corner. he stuck out his hand towards ryan, who flinched.

"give me the gun."

ryan handed it over with no hesitation, laying it in shane's open palm. shane pointed the gun at the large demon and shot several times, the water hitting the creature in the chest. it writhed in pain, seeping back into the corner it came from as its skin boiled.

shane turned back to ryan and handed the gun back to him. ryan took it with shaky hands and watched shane exit the room. he quickly got up and followed shane.

"so..." ryan started as they exited the building. "do you have horns?"

shane exhaled sharply. "not every demon has horns, ryan." he said, annoyed. ryan looked down at the pavement, disappointed. "but yes."

ryan watched almost cheerfully as large, charcoal grey horns protruded from the sides of shane's head. "woah..." ryan said, reaching up to touch them.

"no!" shane said, retracting them quickly. "they're... sensitive."

ryan smirked. "what kind of sensitive?" ryan said, taking shane's hand in his.

shane blushed, turning away from ryan and facing front, but not letting go.

"shut up, ryan."