Right Here, Right now

"Happy birthday baby." I said to her. Smiling adoringly.

It's December 25th. My baby's birthday. Were at home right now. Yeah. Home. We live together.

"thank you. For everything. I love you." she said back, returning my smile. Yet,  it slowly faded as she leaned her head on my shoulder with a sigh. She cuddled closer to me on the bed, nuzzling her head into my shoulder.

"what's wrong baby girl? " I asked. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her impossibly coser to me. I ran my fingers down her cheek and nudged her chin upward, forcing her to look into my eyes. She let out a sigh, resting her head back on my shoulder.

"I just-" she paused to look out of the window in front of us. "I can't help but wonder what the future holds... I know that we'll always keep dancing, but what more? What else is gonna happen?" she said looking at me. I smiled at her question.

"I don't know." I said.

"I don't think that helps... " she giggled. That sweet sound that I wanted to hear for the rest of my life.

"Oh yes it does. "

"huh? " she turned to me in confusion. Her eyebrows were furrowed mouth slightly agape head tilted to the side. I chuckled at her cute expression and kissed her lightly on her forehead. "Well, it made you smile didn't it? " she smiled up at me and hit me lightly on the chest making me chuckle. " it's the truth though. I don't know, and I probably  won't know until it's happening, but that doesn't  matter to me. The only thing that should is the fact that we're together. The fact that you're right here in my arms and that I'm never letting go. All that matters isn't the past. That's already happened. It's not the future because we aren't  there yet. It is and always will be, you and me, right here and right now.