Chapter 1: Lost & Found

Lightning crashed and roared in the land of Hyrule. All was quiet in the village. In the safety of the mayor's house, the villagers huddled together on the steps, waiting. A nearby tree was struck and fell in path that led to the ranch where the goats were kept. The river that flowed through the village slowly rose higher and higher. As the night rolled on, the storm passed. The villagers returned to their homes unharmed.

* * * * *

      The boy was lost. During the storm he had searched for shelter and had fallen unconscious when lightning struck a few feet away. He wandered aimlessly into a small open space. The boy continued to follow his path until he found himself in village that had taken minimum damage in the storm. The villagers were cleaning up the areas around their homes.

      Finally the owner of the village's ranch, Fado, noticed him. He walked up to the boy, who was trying to coax a small goat back toward the ranch. The goat listened willingly after a while. This surprised Fado that the goat had listened to the boy. Normally he had trouble trying to get the goats to listen.

     Fado walked up to the boy, who was named Link. He asked him where he was from, but Link didn't really remember anything about his past. Fado decided he would make a good ranch hand. Link helped him gather the rest of the goats and cleaned out the stable.

* * * * *

     Link sat by the Spring of the Spirits he felt like something was missing. The villagers were so kind to him. They were even preparing a surprise for him. Link knew nothing about his past. He knew no one here except Fado who he had just met. Why can't I remember? He thought.

     Rusl, the village's lone swordsman, walked toward the Spring. "Link. Come with me. Your surprise is ready." He said. Link followed him into the clearing just outside the village. There was the tree that had been struck. It now bore a small house and a ladder was nailed to the side. The fallen half had been dragged away and the top of the enormous stump had been smoothed out.

     Link thanked everyone and went inside. There was a small fireplace next to a sink and table. There were three more ladders. One leading to a small basement, one leading to a small area with a bookshelf, and the last one leading from the small area to an area with a window. He had a home.

* * * * *