Chapter 2: Trip to Castle Town (A few years later)

Link sat on the bank of the Spirit Spring with Rusl. It was near twilight.

      "I was wondering. I have to deliver a tribute to the king of Hyrule" Rusl said, "Would you like to go in my stead? I understand you've never been to Castle Town. It would do you good to leave the village and see all of Hyrule."

     Link looked at him for a minute. He nodded his head to indicate that he wanted to go. He was hoping that he might find something along the way that would help him remember his past. Rusl looked at him knowing that he was thinking about something, but he was glad that Link wanted to go. They sat and looked on at the Spring as twilight fell over the village.

     The twosome left with the horse, Epona, who belonged to Link. She bore a broad saddle and bales of hay. Link stopped at his home and put her in a small nook full of tall grass and went inside. After awhile Fado called him and he went up the ladder to the window.

     "Link! The goats are not listening to me. Find Epona and come help me out" Fado told him.

     Find Epona?, Link thought, Isn't she in the nook? Link went outside and saw that Epona was gone. He already knew where to look. He headed toward the Spring. His childhood friend, Ilia, was washing Epona in the cool water(he actually met her the day he arrived in the village). Ilia stopped when she realized he was standing on the bank.

     "I figured I would give her a bath. Epona is a girl you know" Ilia told him. Link went up and grabbed Epona's reins.

     "Hey Link. Do you think you could play that tune with the grass before you go? Epona and I like to here you play it" Ilia asked as he took Epona onto the bank. He picked up a piece of horse grass and played a soothing tune.

hoo hoo ooooo

hoo hoo ooooo

     The sound echoed through the air. Epona reared on her hind legs. Ilia smiled shyly.

     "Thank you, Link. That was beautiful. Epona liked it too" She said.

     Link walked to the ranch and got the goats into the stable. He went home after that and rested. He would have a busy day tommorrow.