One

Don't forget to vote please! xx

The tension in the room was beyond palpable, practically suffocating. It was a small office, bland and downright depressing, not easing their agitated moods. Judith's lawyer cleared his voice and Louis couldn't help but squint his eyes in annoyance, now knowing that the beautiful stranger that gave him the documents on Harry's wedding was none other than the devil's lawyer.

Harry sat across from her, eyes permanently glued to Jude's face in search of something, anything that could disprove what she was claiming. But the older woman remained stoic and unbothered, probably celebrating the fact that she was going to get an enormous amount of money from this. Over my dead body, Harry thought to himself, not hiding his irritated rictus.

"Your Majesties." Her lawyer, going by Mr. Ward, respectfully bowed his head before neatly placing the pile of documents on the table separating them. Arthur and Vivian remained quiet, watching the woman with questioning eyes, wondering where she appeared from and how their son got involved in this.

The King had been in a constant state of disappointed confusion since he had heard of the news, desperately wanting to not believe his son had fathered a child so recklessly, but even more perplexed by how he entertained a relationship with this awful woman for almost two years without uttering a word about her. To Harry's demise, he had to explain everything, from beginning to end, and expose his past intentions to quit the throne for Judith, but also how she had proven to be unfaithful and stopped him in his tracks. Of course, they had hoped, given her actions, that perhaps the Russian prince could've been involved too, but Harry's paternity test results were clear evidence that Nathan Carter was his child.

King Arthur was not worried about Rosalie's future place on the throne, Limia's laws stating that the Royal couple's, formed by The Selection, first child, in this case his granddaughter, was to inherit the kingdom. The only reason why Matt Finley, Arthur and Vivian's biological son, did not benefit from this law was because he had abdicated from his status, knowing full well he was not trained to be a king and that Harry deserve the role rightfully so. Those were laws only the Royal family were aware of, protecting them from scandals like an illegitimate child in Harry's case. It was to be hidden from the public, to protect them, but King Arthur feared that Judith Carter was not going to hold her tongue once she'd learn her son was not going to be a direct heir, if one at all.

"As you might have understood from the legal documents, my client is demanding complete and continuous child support, and a large compensation for the past seven years. She will also be suing for child neglect and demands to be released from her prison sentence under the claim that she is the birth mother of the future royal heir." Mr. Ward stated, confirming King Arthur's thoughts. One demand specifically made them all raise their eyebrows in bewilderment, but they kept their silence, letting the Royal family's personal lawyer speak.

"Child neglect?" She replied, raising her brow in question and voice cautious.

Mr. Ward nodded. "Yes, for not providing support in the past seven years and imprisoning the child's only care giver. As for Sir Tomlinson, you have been involved following the claims that you took part in her incarceration."

"This is ridiculous." Louis scoffed, rolling his eyes only to be calmed down by his own lawyer. Harry and him exchanged a look, finding this whole situation absurd.

"My clients refuse to pay any sum, given Miss Carter's unforgiving acts of blackmailing, manipulation through drug use and complicity in a poisoning crime towards the Royal Family, therefor revocking any demands she might have." The royal lawyer kept her voice stern, eyes aggravated but strong. Both legal representatives stared at each other for a solid minute before nodding and shaking hands.