Chapter 10:

A/N: It's been a while since my update and I really feel this story is massively disconnected and blah blah blah but the people who come back seem to like it so this is for you and if you decide this chapter is your last straw then byyee because we don't want haters around to taint our lovely turtles anyways as the main character of this story so.... (I don't get hate messages though so please don't get all "WHO IS SAYING SUCH HORRIBLE THINGS TO THE AUTHOR") You guys are amazing. I love you. Here you go.

Your first instinct was to chuck the wooden blade as far away from you as possible. You really didn't want to become some stick mutant. Some kind of animal mutation would be kind of cool, like a furry or even a pokehuman or something. But a stick? Wood? Not your thing.

Only when Leo started panicking did you calm down. Inhaling and exhaling to try to even the rhythm of your heartbeat.

"Hey, it's okay." You didn't feel anything. Just sticky. And like you really wanted a shower because now you were covered in green slime and sweat - a combination that you weren't fond of at all. Double stickiness? Gross.

"I'm so sorry, Y/n. You're going to become a mutant. We have to get you to Donnie so that we can get the retromutagen and then you will be okay, right? Yeah, right. That will work." He was pacing, head in his hands and not even looking at you despite the jumping up and down, waving arms around like a maniac actions you started to take,

Sighing, you stopped your ministrations. "LEO!" You shouted, and he stopped, head snapping over to look at you. Blue eyes were wide with fear as if you'd screamed for help, which you didn't. Now that you had his attention, you sighed. "Thank you. For shutting up." You shook your head. "Can we please get back to the lair so I can take a shower?"

You really needed to thank Donnie for the shower, too. He modified it for you, so that you could actually get clean and feel like you actually showered. Not that it didn't work before, but they had hot water now. And April bought extra shampoo and conditioner for you, even though she always reminded you that her dad offered for you to go live with them.

Being with the turtles was your choice, though.

Who knew how long you would be with them? For all you knew, it was just an extremely surreal dream!

You didn't want that to be the case.

"Right. Shower. That's a good idea. Then retromutagen." Leo nodded,  clearly not understanding that you were 100% fine. You sighed and shrugged a little. It wasn't that bad. He was just worried about you.

Back in the sewers, you noticed that the pungent stink of human waste didn't kill your nose as much as it use to. In fact, you didn't even gag anymore at all. You called that some form of progress, being that you use to throw up sometimes when the smell got really strong. Even though you never understood why you had to go through the sewers to get to the underground subway that no longer ran down there.

"Leo, I am fine. I would have mutated by now if I was going to. Maybe I'm just immune like April? But for other reasons, since I'm not actually part of this world?" You suggested. They'd kind of gotten over the fact that you knew the future events. Every now and again they would tease you about not telling them how amazing of a job they would do, or Raph would silently glare at you as if it were your fault, even if just momentarily.

But you had changed some things without them knowing. So some of the results were different than you expected. Like the time you made April's friend disappear. The Kraang leader. Since it was in human form, you told April you were going to just talk to her.

You'd really surprised the Kraang when you told them of their downfall. They didn't believe you until you predicted the outcome of their next two battles. You also told them that mutagen didn't work on you. He tried to have his bots kidnap you a few times, but you were always being escorted by one of the turtles at all times, so they never actually caught you.

Though the turtles had no idea of any of that, nor why the Kraang suddenly wanted you.

"You're right... I just worry about you." Leo sighed, letting you go first to enter the lair. He followed behind you. "Go shower and I will let Donnie know what happened. I'll wake him up."

"Don't." You shook your head. "I haven't grown a second head or anything crazy, so I don't think it's worth waking anyone up for." You admitted.

"Okay." You could tell he didn't like it. "If it becomes a problem though...."

"Don't worry. Then we will tell him." You promised.

Feeling reassured, he went to go back to sleep while you hopped in the shower. Unable to rest, you went into the living room and got onto the laptop that Donnie had built for you - he was just so sweet towards you that it melted your heart. You were kind of sad that April was so oblivious to how amazing of a turtle Donnie was. His heart outshone any human boy that you had ever met.

All of the turtles did, though.

Except for Raphael's hard outer shell, you knew he was a sweet one, too.

You decided to see if some of your online websites still worked in this dimension, and to your utter shock, you had your fanfiction.net account. It worked! You felt rather relieved, because you hadn't updated any of your TMNT fanfiction in a while. You felt bad for your followers, who mostly loved the works you wrote.

Now that you'd gotten to know the turtles a little better, you felt that you could write much more accurate one-shots. Smiling, you giggled a little to yourself, glancing around to make sure no one was around, before you began to type.

You told of a tale of a young turtle - a female - who was actually the sister of the turtles. Splinter had adopted her a few years after the turtles were mutated, and had found that she had also been mutated a few years after that, some poor attempt to experiment on her. But Splinter kept her in a secret location of the tunnels to train her. She was too shy to be able to handle the turtle's strong personalities, according to Splinter, so he had waited until she got older to actually introduce her to the turtles.

Raph's initial reaction was very annoyed, and he didn't trust her. Didn't feel like he needed someone else to look after in battle. Leo was in awe, very welcoming like he was and immediately protective over her.

All in all, you thought it was turning out to be a cute little story. But which turtle did you want her to end up with? You weren't sure, entirely.

Raphael, the hot-headed, yet secretly sweet one?

Leonardo, the cool, reasonable leader with a geeky side?

Michelangelo, the goofy and never serious wild card?

Or Donatello, the intelligent and sweet nerd of the bunch?