Truths

"Of course Oliver's so sweet and handsome. He's so great with kids too." Daisy gushed.

Mrs. Wood smiled at her answer.

Nina whom couldn't be out done had to speak up. "It's hard not to fall in love with Oliver. He's great looking and he's really famous. He's one of the most well known and admired Keepers that the quidditch world has known. Witch Weekly named him number four on the twenty hottest bachelors. They even said that he's worth an estimated-" Nina stopped.

Oliver gave a grim smile. Gerry rolled her eyes while muttering under her breath. Mrs. Wood had a strained smile on. She knew exactly where the girl was going and she couldn't say she was in the slightest bit impressed.

"Alicia you?"

Alicia gave a small smile. "Honestly Ms. Ophelia, I like Oliver very much. He's a wonderful guy. But... I don't think that... the stars are aligned for us." She said then turned slightly to look at Hermione, who blushed furiously as she knew what Alicia was referring to. The night of Alicia's birthday party. Mrs. Wood looked curiously at the three, Hermione, Oliver, and Alicia. Oliver whom had his head down to avoid his mother's look.

"Oh well thank you for your honesty Alicia dear."

"I feel the same Mrs. Wood." Gerry said speaking up. All heads turned to stare at her. "I mean honestly Oliver is about one of the most handsome blokes I've ever met. I expected him to be a bit of a hotshot when I first came onto the show but he's not. He's a great great guy. He's so unbelieveably humble for how amazing a player he is. He's also fair. I mean he tries his best to treat all of us girls as fair as he can. He doesn't lead girls on like some of the last few bachelors. But like Alicia I don't think we're the ones for each other."

Oliver and Gerry exchanged smiles.

"Oliver is a great guy. But I'm not going to delude myself. I don't think I have much of a chance with Oliver. I don't speak quidditch. We have no history or anything. Maybe we could be friends but I don't think Oliver will ever pick me." Pru said suddenly surprising everyone.

"Oh don't say that Pru!" Daisy said.

Pru gave a smile as she took a drink of her water.

Oliver looked at her not sure what to say or think. He thought Pru was a great girl. But he didn't quite like her like that. It sort of made him feel bad though because she was such a great girl.

"Hermione it's your turn." Alicia said nudging her friend. All the people in the room turned to their direction even Mr. Wood.

Hermione bit her lip as she looked around. She took a breath. "Oliver is such a great person period. He's a complete gentlemen... I love his passion for quidditch. I think that's what makes him stand out from the other Quidditch players. And I greatly admire him for it. He's also quite the looker and pretty much every female that encounters him will flat out agree. I love his eyes. They are so full of expression. He doesn't always laugh out loud but his eyes do. All the time. They get brighter and seem as if they shine you know?" Mrs. Wood nodded smiling brightly.

"But am I in love with Oliver Wood..." Everyone held their breath.

"Maybe a very big maybe." Gerry and Alicia turned to look at each other confused. So did some of the other people at the table. They weren't quite expecting that answer. Hermione blushed as she realized how her words were affecting the occupants of the table.

"Um it's just that I first met Oliver when I was 11. And we never interacted much when we were in school together. We knew each other through Harry and that was it. But because of the show I've been able to get to know him and I believe I might be falling for him." Hermione and Oliver both blushed.