~ Chapter 2 ~

Present Time 2018

Running, panting, sweating... The treadmill made a beep as I reached the 2-mile mark. Decreasing the speed, I grabbed my phone as I walked on the treadmill to keep a slower pace. Checking on the time, I noticed I had 20 minutes until my dance class starts. Turning the treadmill completely off, I quickly walked out of the fitness room, grabbing my backpack on my way out.

Yoonie

R u on ur way to class yet?

I also heard from Sona that a group of boys

will be joining our school tomorrow!

Seomi

Walking in right now, and instead of

focusing on boys, will you focus on the upcoming

evaluation we have?

Yoonie

I don't understand you sometimes...

You're pretty, boys chase after you,

yet you reject them like they're the plague.

Walking up to a figure that sat in a corner with her phone, I spoke out, "It's because they're a waste of time. Plus, we're still too young to be dating."

Yoonie looked out and gave me an exaggerated look. "Are you kidding me Seomi, I would die to be you for a day!"

"Want to switch with me then, I would love to have a day without any boys bothering me," I said while I sat down alongside her.

"Are you saying that I don't have any boys chasing after me?" she gasped as she placed her hand on her chest.

"Geez Yoonie, you shouldn't take things too seriously," I muttered while hugging her side.

"Whatever, let's get up and start stretching before Mrs. Seulga yells at us," we both look over to our dance instructor giving us pointed looks.

┍━━━━━This is a dividing line━━┑

Slowing rolling off my bed, I press down on my alarm, trying to shut it up before I slam it on the nightstand (no I'm not violent, at least I don't think so...) After last night's grueling dance practice, my legs ached to the point where I probably couldn't walk down the stairs without screaming in pain.

Walking to my closet, I quickly throw on a hoodie with black leggings and putting my hair in a bun. Flying around my room, I try my best to not be late to school. After grabbing my backpack, I walked downstairs to grab an apple and left for school.

As I opened the door, I heard a loud honk and saw Yoonie draw down her car window and waved at me. I took this as a queue to get into her car.

The car ride to school was just the two of us sharing our fears of the upcoming evaluations for dance. Soon enough, the school gate came into our views and Yoonie quickly took the chance to talk about the group of boys.

"So, I heard that they came from China. Not only that, they're really hot!" Yoonie screeched into my ears.

Trying my best to escape from Yoonie, I slipped out the car door and into the school. Unfortunately, a large crowd of girls swarmed the entrance to the school. Dodging around them, I finally get to the entrance, and because luck isn't on my side, I slam right into a hard wall. Or at least I thought so...

Stumbling, I lose my balance and tip backward. Closing my eyes, I expect the impact, but it never came. Instead, I feel an arm encircle my waist, holding me up. I open my eyes to find another pair of brown eyes staring right back at me.

A few seconds passed and I could still feel the warmth from the arm -and the death stares of jealous girl- and being the uncomfortable person I am, I stepped away and muttered a thank you and walked into the school.