~ Chapter 5 ~

I lay silently on my bed as I stare blankly at my ceiling. For some reason, I can't fall asleep tonight, and I think it's because of a certain brown-eyed person. I switch my focus to my dance evaluation and started brainstorming songs I could dance to.

    My dance evaluation is coming up in three days and I still haven't thought of a choreography to dance to, let alone, a song. I wanted the song to express my emotions that I've felt for the past few years I've been in South Korea.

    I pick up my phone and searched up dance videos for inspiration. Scrolling through the feed, I come across an old video from 2 years ago. I click on it, finding a young man dancing to a song that I've never heard of.

    His dance was fluid and all his gestures had a good balance to his moves. I stare at my screen until the screen of my phone turns black. It pulls me out of my trance as I notice that my phone ran out of battery.

    Feeling tired for once, I plugged my phone in and turned around to snuggle into my blanket. As my eyes get heavy, I enter a good night's sleep.

┍━━━━━This is a dividing line━━

    "One, two, three, four and, five, six, seven and, eight and," my dance instructor yelled over the booming music. "Again, one, two, three, four and, five, six, seven and, eight and."

    Pulling into the same dance move again, I feel my arms ache from doing the move too many times. A sweat rolls down the side of my head as I stare at myself in the mirror.

    "Ok, that's it," Mrs. Seulga clapped her hands together. "Before you go, please gather around, I have some important information that I need to discuss."

    Everyone walked over, grabbing their water bottles on the way and gulping it down. I pat my forehead with my towel and quickly walked over.

    "As everyone knows, the dance evaluation is in two days. I hope everyone has already prepared their dance since after your evaluation, you will be assigned a dance trainer for one-on-one classes," Mrs. Seulga looked around the room.

    "Who will the trainers be?" A girl asked.

    "Are there any male trainers?" Another girl asked.

    Suddenly the room exploded with low murmurs, while I sat there, tired out of mind and ready to go home and quickly get changed for school. After school, I still have another dance class to attend.

    "Ok, class dismissed," Mrs. Seulga waved her hands telling us to get out.

    I slowly shuffled to my bag and went out the door toward the elevator. Waiting for the door to open, I took out my phone and decided to look at my social media. Opening Instagram, I see pictures of my friends with their boyfriends.

    Shaking my head, I thought to myself that I would never have the time to date anyone with my busy schedule.

    The elevator door opened with a ding and I slipped my phone back into my pocket. Stepping inside, I clicked the button, and as the doors were about to close I heard a panicked voice.

    "Wait! Don't let the doors close!"

    Acting on instinct, I place my hand through the doors and they automatically open. Looking out, I see a boy around my age run towards the elevator.

    "Thank you so much," he spoke.

    "Oh, no problem, and plus, it sucks to wait for another elevator," I said, trying to be friendly.

    "My name is Zhu Zhengting, what's your name?" Zhengting asked me.

    "I'm Seomi, nice to meet you!" I shook his hands.

    The elevator doors then opened, "I guess I'll see you around here, Zhengting."

    I walked out and headed to my house, which was only a few minutes walk from here.

Author's Note
Hey guys!!! I'm back at you with another chapter! I'm so happy because this book has gotten to 200+ reads! Thank you so much for the reads and votes. I'm truly grateful to everyone reading my book! Tbh, this is the highest reads I've ever gotten!