Trying harder

I woke up by sharp knocks on my door. 

I looked at the clock, it's only 5 in the morning. God! if it's Kirova for another annoying class then I swear to god that women is getting killed today.
I opened the door half asleep, wanting to go back to bed. I was ready to scream at the person who woke me up but then I saw who it was. Dimitri. 

"Hey," He said while holding breakfast in his hand. 

"Why are you up? and Why are you waking other people up?" I said, in a joking voice. 

"I wanted to apologize," He said, paused then continued "For yesterday. I realize I put you on the spot there. I shouldn't have done that. You don't have any reason to marry me help my people. it's not your place to sacrifice anything. If you choose to help then I will be grateful but I won't ask you to"  He was so genuine.

 it makes me feel sick. not because of his words but because I should help him. Because he's such a sweet guy who's just looking after his people. Am I being selfish? 
This selection wasn't anything to me, I don't care about these people. Then why do I feel like I should help him? 

"Humm, no. I'm sorry. I said some pretty bad things there last night. You're just trying to do what's best for your people." 

"Please don't make me feel even worse by saying sorry. I broke the one promise I made you. The first time we met, I told you that I wouldn't do anything just because it's a political move, but I did." 

"Haha, Well then, I guess I should be mad? Apologie not accepted, Belikov" I said lighting up the mood and his sad face. 

"Then I guess I'll have to try harder. Humm, Go get ready and meet me here in  5 minutes" He said, winking and leaving. 

What's all this about? 

Not knowing what else to do, I walked back to my room and got ready. Not having much time I quickly put together this after I brushed and got fresh. 

I walked out to she Dimitri waiting for me

I walked out to she Dimitri waiting for me. He took my hand and started to run. 

What I'm wondering though is what happened to the food. 

We made some turns and somehow ended up outside on a side of the palace I have never seen and there was a small hill. We climbed the hill and what I saw was the most breathtaking view ever. 

The sun rising on top of what seemed like all of Russia kissing us good morning. 
Then I realized he had set up a cute picnic set up for us to have breakfast. It was so sweet. For a moment the world seemed at peace. 
No war.No politics. just us. and the moment. 

It was the most peaceful and sweet breakfast I ever had. And my and Dimitri's small conversations about life made everything 1000 times better. 

I found out that he's the kindest, gentle, sweet guy who has the heart of a child. He's not innocent but something about him is so pure that I couldn't imagine a better way I could have had breakfast.  

______________________________________

A/N ROMITRI RULES! 

they are such a cute couple that I just want to write about them 24/7. But enough about what I like, let me know if you enjoyed the chapter or not and as always, Have a great day. LOVE YA!