Chapter IX Trust

Carla still had a little hope that we would find our friends safe and sound, I also wanted to believe that, but until then I was not so confident that it would really happen because of everything bad happened and also in the face of something terrible that shook my confidence in that mission, we were too far from Athens and we were lost in a place completely unknown to me and to all the other members of the group, even Carla did not know where we were and this left everyone with confidence shaken, neither I nor Rogério questioned about it, and we'd say something to others about it, but you could tell from afar everything that was going on and confidence was diminishing every second while I was thinking about a way to make the search for Jahi and Isis more viable was interrupted by Nathaniel.

- Nathanael News ?! I asked in doubt.

- Yes! I found clues from where Jahi and Isis spent the night! He said excitedly.

- What? At where?! - I looked at him, with this news my hopes began to gain strength again.

- Jahi and Isis passed by from here, actually passed by a huge waterfall that is a few miles from here, if we go in that same direction and take a shortcut later we can finally reach where our friends spent a day before we arrived there and so we can stay closer and closer to them and save them! Said Nataniel excitedly.

- Can you take me where you found the clues ?!

- Of course I can, it's near the village, if we can follow this path we can save Jahi and Isis!

- You told Carla and Rogerio ?!

- Of course yes! They already know, we just have to talk to Carla about going to the place I found the clues! - He said getting up and helping me up too.

He spoke to Carla and came back in my direction, I waited until he came to talk more about it.

- Days and more days walking and finally we managed to get to some track of the two.

"Carla asked us to be careful about something!" He said, starting to walk.

- What did she say?!

"To be careful with the Well of Illusions, this place is a trap for anyone who goes in there, he plays pieces in our minds causing us to have several hallucinations," Nataniel said.

- Do we have to go through it? There is no way around the. . . He said, being interrupted by him.

- Around the place? We will lose three or more days, time is crucial for us if we want to find our friends still alive.

     We kept walking and we came to where Carla was waiting for us, we had her approval to find out where the clues were found, we walked to the place. When we arrived in the woods, I could see how steep the whole terrain was, it had huge rocks in the middle of the path, muddy place and also had many huge holes, for a long time we walked between the cliff and a vast morbid landscape, The Forest of Darkness still had a grotesquely ugly and astonishing appearance.

     We stopped in front of the river and Nataniel began to go up following the contrary course of the river, it was a 40 minute walk until we reached the huge waterfall that was nearby, when we arrived he pointed me to where the clues were, we went not only that, there was a case of makeup that as soon as we opened we saw that it was really from Isis because it contained a photo of it, everything was quiet until we heard footsteps and the ground began to tremble, We quickly realized that it could only be giants approaching, we left quickly there, our fear was that they followed us to the village and could destroy everything, we ran to another corner of the woods, Nataniel and I were with rifles and we could defend them, but they must not allow them to reach the village.