Chapter XII The Devourer of Souls

The animal that was attacking us was very strong, everyone had to separate and the worst was that we did not even know where to hide, the whole place was open and there was no possibility to hide, the only places that seemed good to hide were the few caves they had there, Carla and I ran to one of these caves in the hope that we would be able to hide from this creature, when we entered the cave we saw that the place was too dark.

      Carla took a small flashlight and turned it on, we continued walking to see if we could find some deeper place to hide, because the creature was already in the mouth of the cave and do terrible damage, when looking forward we could see the hungry eyes clearly which surrounded us more and more, the sounds that that ferocious animal was doing made the situation even more tense.

      Suddenly we heard a sound coming from the bottom of the cave, we ran quickly from there and we passed under the belly of the animal that was in front of us, we tried to escape because of the fear that took care of us, we did not know what it was that was inside the cave , when I left the cave and saw that huge animal with its head in the cave I saw that a terrible shadow grabbed the animal and pulled it hard into the cave, I could only hear the desperate howls of the animal, me and Carla hid in a bush to see better what was happening.

"What is that, Carla?" Catching my breath

- The Soul Eater, he is a creature that until then was only a myth, everyone has always told stories of them

     Carla began to tell his story.

     "An ancient legend from the neighborhood says that a shadowy creature inhabits the most inhospitable caves of dark places in the Dark Forest, is a soulless creature and has pleasure to devour every soul that crosses its path being a person, an animal or even a supernatural being, many died trying to destroy the beast that still insisted on attacking the villages of the region, over magicians time and fairies developed techniques to defend against this deadly creature, but what few know is that this same creature before being what it became was a human being who had ambition unmeasured and who, falling into the Well of the Cursed Treasures became the Soul Eater, she serves the king and queen of the Dark Forest and has an appetite voracious for any soul that is just and kind, he is a deformed being and that his whole body is made of shadows, no one knows why he attacked kind souls. founding this forest has created a barrier that prevents the monster from leaving and causes chaos around the world, the creature can not leave the Forest of Darkness, but can cause terrible damage within the same "

- I thought it was just a myth when my parents told it, but today I see it is real, the Soul Eater really is real and this is not good

"But we just stay away from him and nothing happens to us!"

The problem is that the Devourer can appear anywhere during the night, sometimes it takes time to catch his prey just to make her hunted down and desperate

"So this creature is also sadistic?" I asked scared.

"Yes, she delights in the despair of others." She paused to catch her breath. "We have to warn the others that we are not safe at all."

     Carla and I tried to find our way back, it was complicated, but fortunately we arrived, when we arrived at the tundra we were all together and we started walking again until nightfall, Carla and I told everyone what we saw, many were scared, a few very few believed in the Soul Eater, and one or two laughed when we talked about what happened to us.

     I went to the nearest river to collect water, when I reached it I went to get water, the forest was a terrible uproar, but from nothing it was completely silent, I saw that terrible creature stood before me, it was the Devourer, he attacked quickly, gave me a terrible blow that threw me away, it falls to the ground muddy and I was stuck, I tried to leave, but the mud was sticky and the more I struggled the harder it was for me to get out of every situation, no matter how I insisted on trying to leave the creature was getting closer and closer to me and I was more and more mired in the mud, the creature was very close to me, I could see his misshapen body approaching me more, his eyes were white as the moon, this made me even more terrified, I let out a loud cry and I think it was loud enough for someone to hear me, some people came and they were with torches, they used torchlight to frighten the creature. Carla threw the flashlight on the creature that sent her flying away.

"You were lucky, boy, I was around and I heard your screams," said Carla, helping me to rise from the mud.

- Thank you guys! - he said with a tremendous effort to get up, but even so I moved only a few centimeters

- Come on! Cried Carla for help.

After getting out of that dirt I took off my clothes and went to bathe in the river, Carla came with me, she had brought two towels to bathe before I went into the river, when we entered the river we fucked there, I dove into the river and we kiss , besides kissing we hugged and with that I penetrated intensely, the sensation was delicious, feel the water of the river to bathe our pleasure, the bath was very long, Carla cleaned me on the back affectionately, his hands were light and delicate, seemed to be made of the purest silk, angelic hands that calmed me at all times.

     We exchanged places, I began to massage and clean her back while she did an intimate massage on me, I pulled her back against my body and again we gave ourselves to pleasure in that place, after the bath we wiped ourselves and went to sleep at night had been very hectic, we had to rest for the next day. When morning came we walked again, we went another way, it was not easy for any of us, everyone was afraid that by the evening we could be devoured by the creature that inhabits the darkness and is practically immortal. After two hours of walking we stopped to make our morning meal and with that I went to explore the place around the place where I was all having breakfast, I walked for a long time until I had an incredible surprise I saw that the forest that was near there changed of color from the dead green tone to a living green that was incredible, to me it was like waking from a nightmare, I walked over and saw the huge place, it looked out into a forest where the sunlight radiated lightly through the foliage, It did not even seem to be in the Dark Forest, I began to fear that it was a trap, but I did not let fear overwhelm me, I felt inside that place was not bad and did not even have black magic in it, but it should be a rare place there, my fear was replaced by incredible calm, which overwhelmed me from the inside.

     Something inexplicable, but it gave a delicious sensation, I took some fruits from there and took them to the mouth. Its taste was delicate and too delicious, I thought to go back to tell everyone about the place I found, leave calmly, the whole place had as if it were something that would take away the darkness that we had absorbed, everything we had happened seemed to have happened centuries ago and a strong peace invaded me at the time, when I came back I went to talk to Nataniel about it.

"At a certain moment we'll check, why we still do not know whether the place itself is dangerous or not," said Nataniel incredulously.

- Natan I'm telling you something great, we can stop to rest there, and then we return to our mission

"It's just that the place sounds too good to be real."

"We'll go there later just so you can take your suspicions

- OK!

     Nataniel had reason to be suspicious, we had been through too much and we had never found a place that I suddenly found, it was too suspicious for them, but I did not see with those same eyes, I was thinking about the people wanting or not wanting Carla came to me and we talked briefly, she said to understand my side, but that had to be sure that the place was not even dangerous and with that we would establish there or not, things could improve or not , but I was absolutely sure that I had found paradise lost today. . .

                 Hi everyone, how are you, my dear friends, readers? I am happy with the number of people who have read me so far and this is such a great incentive for me and it makes me feel good to continue writing, of course I write for love, but I also like to receive encouragement for my writing and the readings that I have had show me this encouragement I wish everyone a good reading and a good evening