A New Day

The sun broke out through the small crack in the curtains, shining light through the hotel room ever so slightly.

Chloe woke up next to a sleeping Max, and she smiled slightly to see the brown haired girl so at peace. She decided she would use this time while she waited for Max to wake up, and she got up, heading to the shower.

Chloe stripped her clothes once inside, then turning on the warm water and letting it run over her. After their chaotic day yesterday, it felt good to not be in such a hurry today.

Max woke up about halfway through Chloe's shower. She looked around the bed, expecting to see Chloe. She panicked for a second, before she heard the shower water in the bathroom, which set her at ease. Max sat up slowly and stretched, before rubbing her eyes softly.

Today is a new day. Max said to herself, trying not to think about the events of yesterday. For now, she just had to get through the day without upsetting herself. She had to be strong for Chloe, or else the two of them wouldn't make it very far.

Minutes later Chloe stepped out of the bathroom, and Max looked up at the now clothed girl with a small smile.

Chloe didn't like wearing the same clothes from the day before, but right now it was her only choice. They were going to get new clothes today, so she tried not to think about it much.

"Hey, sleepy Max." Chloe said, smiling softly to see the brown haired girl, who already looked better than yesterday.

"Hi." Max replied quietly, before getting out of bed. "Looks like it's my turn to shower?" She asked, watching as Chloe went to sit down on the bed.

"Yep, go for it." Chloe replied, then laying back on the bed as she waited.

As Max made her way to the shower, Chloe became lost in her thoughts. She never really had much time to stop and think about how they found Rachel. It was definitely something that Chloe will hold onto for a while, and she's not sure if she'll ever be able to forget about it.

Chloe wished Max could've met her. They would have been great friends. They both had such similar traits, and Chloe couldn't help but think how different things would be if they would've just found Rachel in the dark room.

Chloe was so lost into her thoughts that time flew by quick, and Max returned shortly. Chloe looked at the brunette, smiling a bit as she sat up.

"Ready to get some fresh clothes?" She asked, standing in front of the doorway. "Oh, and grab your camera. Checkout is in an hour, so we might as well go eat some free breakfast and then head out."

Max nodded, slipping her camera bag over her shoulder before following Chloe out. Even if they were coming back, Max would take her camera with her anyways.

Chloe led the way to the free breakfast, and once inside, she began to grab a plate and fill it with food. They hadn't had much time to eat in the past day or two, so they were both starving.

Max grabbed a muffin, some strawberry's, eggs, bacon, and some applejuice for her breakfast. Chloe got the same thing, but instead of eggs, she decided to get even more bacon.

The two sat at a small table, and there was only one other person in the room. The privacy was nice, so they could really talk about anything as they ate.

Max was pretty silent, stuffing her face with food. As she ate, she glanced up at Chloe and noticed that the light was shining in from the window next to them perfectly. Max grinned a little, pulling out her camera and beginning to take a picture of Chloe.

Before Max took the picture, Chloe raised an eyebrow at Max. "Do I look that good, Max?" She asked, chuckling slightly as she watched the girl pull out her camera.

Max took the picture, before taking out the printed picture and fanning it softly to let it develop. "Yep. Always." Max admitted, smiling as she looked down at the picture of Chloe. She then put the picture into her camera bag, before returning to her food.

Chloe watched Max and admired the way she could just see things that she knew would take a good picture. Chloe hadn't seen this side of Max in the past day or two, and it was nice to see her finally acting like herself again. She cared about Max more than anything, and she would do anything to keep her happy.

Once the two were finished with their meals, they dumped the little remains of their food into the trash, before putting their dishes on a small dish rack.

The two headed out to Chloe's truck, leaving the hotel for good. Chloe drove them out to a small strip mall in a nearby town, and she parked in front of a thrift store. This way, the clothes were cheap and she knew that they both didn't mind wearing used Clothes for a few days.

Before going inside, Max looked at Chloe, then speaking quietly. "Thank you, Chloe. For everything."

Max knew it wasn't easy for someone to care for her this much, and she knew it was probably a lot of pressure on Chloe.

Chloe nodded, before leaning over and kissing her best friends cheek softly, not even needing a thank you from Max.

"No need to thank me. I'm always here for you, Max. Forever." Chloe said with a smile and then she got out of the truck with Max, then heading inside of the thrift store.

Max looked around as they walked into the thrift store, before walking to the womens section with Chloe. They both found things that were somewhat their style, and after about an hour of searching and trying on things together, they were done.

As they went to pay, Max stopped Chloe from paying. She pulled out an emergency credit card that her dad had given her, and she proceeded to pay with it.

"Dad will be fine with this. He understands with the storm happening and everything." Max stated, before slipping the card back into her small wallet, before grabbing her bag of clothing.

"If you say so, Super-Max." Chloe said, smiling a bit as she grabbed her bag as well.

They piled back into Chloe's truck, and then Chloe looked over at Max before she began to drive.

"If you really think we should go back to Arcadia, then we can. I just want what's best for you, Max." Chloe stated, looking over the girl who once again sat in the passenger seat of the truck.

"I have to know if they're alright. No powers. I promise." Max said, giving Chloe a reassuring look. Max never lied to her, and Chloe knew she wouldn't.

Chloe nodded and put her hand on Max's knee, showing her that she understood. "Arcadia Bay it is, then."