Photo Jump

"Th-..that can't be true.. We saw her. She-" Chloe stuttered, before being cut off by the officer.

"The body was a fake. We haven't able to track down who buried it, but we have our suspicions. We believe that Rachel is alive. In most cases when this happens, the missing person wants to run away, creating a distraction or hiding a fake body." The officer stated, looking down at the two girls who were now in shock.

"Thank you for telling us, officer.." Max said quietly, stepping in for Chloe.

"I'll update you both when we have more information. As of now, we're not sure where Rachel is. We will continue the search." The officer said, before giving them a small nod.

After the officer had left, the two sat down on Max's bed. They were both in shock. Everything they thought they had thoroughly thought out, was proven wrong. Where the hell was Rachel? Why did she leave? Did she choose to leave? Has she been kidnapped by someone else?

"We're going to find her, Chloe." Max said, breaking the silence.

"How, Max? We have nothing. She could be just fucking dead and buried somewhere else!" Chloe said, getting frustrated as she looked over at the brown haired girl.

"We have my powers. If it means we can find Rachel, I'll use them. What have we got to lose?" Max said, trying to be reasonable with Chloe. Max knew that using her powers could be dangerous, but she wanted Chloe to be happy more than anything.

"Max you can't use-.." Chloe said, before being interrupted by the brown haired girl.

"I don't care, Chloe. I want you to be happy. You deserve to have Rachel in your life, or at least have some closure." Max stated, resting her hand gently on Chloe's thigh.

"Last time we tried to find Rachel with your powers, we fucked up time and caused a tornado. Who knows what will happen if we do this again?" Chloe asked, worried for Max. Not only could this cause more destruction, but she was afraid that it would hurt Max more than anything. She wasn't sure if Max could take all that pressure on her body again.

"We always figure it out, Chloe. We'll just take it day by day. But, I need some time to come up with a plan. If we're going to do this, we have to do it right." Max said, then leaning her head on Chloe's shoulder softly.

Chloe stayed silent, thoughts swirling through her head. Both of them layed back on the bed, laying in silence.

Max was in deep thought, trying to come up with ways to find Rachel. From what they knew, Rachel was in fact captured and taken into the dark room. Maybe Rachel escaped? But why wouldn't she come back to Arcadia?

Max couldn't make sense of all of this right now. She needed rest. Maybe she would dream up some visions again? Who knows.

Max felt the tiredness take over her body, and she closed her eyes as she began to fall asleep, next to Chloe who had already fallen asleep as well.

———————————————————————

A day later, Max was sitting at her desk, hard at work as she drew out possibilities. Chloe was laying in Max's bed, smoking a cigarette as she did. Max didn't mind it, as long as Chloe kept the window open.

Max had been working at this all day. Max had to make sure that her goal was not to approach Rachel or alter her timeline whatsoever, but to find where she was.

If Max were to do anything to alter Rachel's timeline, things could be drastically different.

Hours had passed. Chloe would come help Max every so often, but she knew that Max needed her space to focus.