Chapter 32

Chapter 32 (Keeley POV)

My eyes fluttered open, and something felt wrong. Where were Wes’ arms? Then my eyes took in my surroundings, and my mind registered the pain. I saw the hard, dark grey planes of rocks, heard the water drip from the cracks above, and felt the chill of a gust of wind blowing in the mouth of the cave/ pain exploded from my forehead, where the daemons whacked my head against the sink in the bathroom. I groaned and attempted to turn my head.

“Keeley? Keeley, is that really you?” a voice spoke, a voice that I hadn’t heard in two and a half months.

“Lay?” I whispered, unable to believe it.

“Oh god k, they got you too?”

I sawLaytonfor the first time in months, and she looked horrible. Her usually glossy hair was matted and gull, her pink lips split, blood was caked on her cheeks and her eyes were void of their usual flirtatious sparkle.

 “Layton” I said, struggling to stand. Then in two painful steps, I was hugging her. “I can't believe you're alive” I said.

“Me either” she replied.

“How did you find me?”Laytonasked when we broke apart.

“It’s a long story” I chuckled.

“Well tell me!” she exclaimed. As I launched into my story, it felt like we were home, no threats against our lives, no pain in our bodies, no caked blood on our faces, just Keeley andLayton.

“So you went through all of that for me?” she questioned, tears prickling in her eyes, when I finished.

“Of course I did Lay, you're my sister. I’d do anything for you” I replied.

 “So, tell me about this Wes character” she smirked, taking my hand.

“I tell you a story about me getting kidnapped; being attacked by paranormal beasts, meeting an angel, and going to the CT’s and all you take out of it was Wes?” I asked in disbelief.

“Duh! So, what’s he looking like?”

“Hm…  Wes is hard to describe…”

“Hot or not?”

“Hot, really freaking hot” I smiled. A pang of guilt erupted in my heart. While I was sitting her reminiscing with my sister, Wes was probably going through hell.

“Oh god” I murmured.

“What?”

“Wes, he must be destroyed.”

“K, I’m sure he’s fine…”

“No you don’t know Wes. This will shatter him.”

“That was the point doppelganger” another voice hissed.

“What?” I asked. Then a daemon stepped into view. Dark, scraggily hair fell down to his shoulders and deep black eyes were trained on mine.

“We figured we could kill two birds with one stone, ruin a hunter and become gods again” the daemon sneered.

“That’s where you're wrong, we aren’t doppelgangers. We’re just twins” I said, pushingLaytonbehind me as he advanced towards us.

“What do you mean not doppelgangers? You are exactly as the legend described.”

“Well, we’re not, so you can just let us the fuck go” I yelled. Anger flashed in the daemon’s eyes as he stepped up and backhanded me across the face. I fell to the ground from the force, and could feel a handprint forming on my cheek.

“Don’t you ever speak against me again” he growled, and then flew out of the cave/room.

“Keeley!”Laytonrushed over.

“I’m fine Lay” I replied, getting to my feet.

 “No you don’t understand, it only gets worse, they beat me all the time” she began to sob and I enveloped her in my arms.

“It’s ok, Wes will come” I whispered. “Wes will come.”

(Wes POV)

“Wes, get the fuck up. Laying here pitying yourself isn’t going t6o help Keeley” Stiles spat.

“Shut the hell up” I growled, not moving.

“You are fucking useless! The girl you love may be dying and you are laying here like a useless, good-for-nothing piece of shit. You can save her Wes” Stiles yelled. His words cut into my heart. I knew he was right, but I couldn’t take it. I couldn’t bear the possibility of showing up and seeing Keeley cold and lifeless like the rest of my family.

“Shut the fuck up Stiles! You aren’t doing shit either” I roared, jumping up.

“I’m doing a hell of a lot more than you are!” he yelled back. Didn’t he realize my life had no meaning? Without Keeley, I couldn’t go on. It was like losing Kiara all over again, but this time it was my fault. I didn’t protect her.

“SHUT THE FUCK UP!” I yelled and bolted out the door.

“Wes!” Stiles called after me, but I wasn’t listening. I took off down the road, just running as if I could run my problems away. Scenery flew by me, but I didn’t see it until I collapsed on the ground. I lay in the bed of grass wondering. Was Keeley still alive? She pervaded my every sense; her sent filling my nose, the feel of her soft skin under my fingertips, her emerald green eyes looking into mine, and the sound of her musical voice ringing in my ears. I got lost in her, pretending she was still here with me.

“Ya know, pretending won't bring her back” Daniel said, sitting in the grass next to me.

 “Go away” I groaned.

“Nope” he replied.

“Fine then, increase my misery” I said.

“You know, she’s still alive” Daniel said.

“How would you know?” I asked venomously.

“I know whether all hunters under my watch are dead or alive.”

“But Keeley’s not…”

“Yes she is, ever since she shot those werewolves. Keeley is technically a hunter.

“So you know she’s alive?”

“Yes, Keeley’s heart is still beating.” The girl I love is alive. My heart rate picked up, I could see her again.

“I can save her” I murmured to myself.

 “Yea, you can. An I’m gunna help you and Milo, Mars and Stiles are gunna help you, and I’m sure Keeley’s trying to get out” Daniel said and offered a hand to help me up. I took it and he pulled me to my feet. “We’ve gotta act fast, god knows the daemons’ plans for your girl. We’ve gotta get her back” Daniel smiled and patted me on the back. A new determination set in my mind. I was going to get Keeley back.

--------------------------------------------------------

well, shit goes down next chapter, just saying.

Thanks for reading!

<3

Em:)