I'll do the cooking

We arrived to our new home in Mexico. Lucas and I go inside to find out stuff already put away and stocked cabinets with food. We set down our stuff and look around getting use to our new place. We go upstairs and see the master bedroom. It's really big. But our house is like a mansion so I wouldn't expect nothing less. I feel hands around my waist and feel Lucas put his head on my shoulder.
"Nice room isn't it..?"
"I like the bed." I laugh at his comment and he guides me to it.
"We've had a long plane ride. Why don't we just sleep..?"
"I would... but I have to get situated."
"Do that in the morning. Rest now."
"Okay, okay..." we walk over to the bed but before we lay down our phones go off. We look at them and read the message from Boss
~Karen was almost made today. Keep her out of public and away from people for a while. Messages will be sent later in time when it's safe.~
"Great... now I'm on house arrest..."
"It's not house arrest babe, it's for your safety... and I'm glad cause I don't want you hurt... ever." I Smile And Sit on the bed. He moves on it and pull me down into a laying position moving between my legs.
"I thought this was gonna be resting..?"
"You'll rest for sure afterwords..."
"You have high hopes for yourself..."
"I do. And you'll enjoy it." I roll my eyes and things get heated, clothes are taken off and we get used too our new bed.

A few hours later I lay in bed with blankets covering me, Lucas went downstairs for something leaving me here cold and alone. He comes back after a while with a tray of food, water and juice. I sit up and reach for his shirt and put it on as I lean back against the headboard. He lays the tray in my lap and smiles.
"This is a lot of food, I hope you're joining me."
"I am."
"Good." We eat for a while and I feel much better. Guess I haven't really eaten in a while.
"So..?"
"So what?" I look at him while eating a strawberry.
"Are you liking the new you..?" I look down and stay quiet for a minute.
"I wanna be honest with you... but I don't want you to feel hurt..."
"I won't, tell me how you feel. I'm here to ease your mind some and help you through everything. I'm not just your boyfriend." I give him half a smile.
"I miss my family... I had a great husband and a miracle baby boy... He wasn't suppose to be born... and I managed to make it full term... I really miss him..." I get emotional and wipe some tears away
"Shhh... I know.. it's hard... One day you may be able to see them again..."
"I love them... but I also love you... and I feel like I'm cheating on my family with you, but I'm not... and I feel like I'm hurting you by wanting to be with them."
"Hey... you can never hurt me. You were pulled away from your family, told to have a new life and had a new relationship in 2 months. You've had no time to mourn this loss of yours. And now you are. And I'm perfectly okay with being third on your list. Cause I am here as friend."
"No... your my boyfriend. And your gonna be here with me and tell me things happen for a reason..."
"I will do whatever I need to do to see my wonderful girl smile again..." I nod and he moves the empty tray to the nightstand and crawls under the blankets cuddling me. I lay there and cry for a while then cuddle him. We lay there talking until I fall asleep.

The next morning I wake up to an empty bed. I get up still only dressed in Lucas' t shirt. I walk downstairs and hear Lucas curse. I chuckle to myself and go to the kitchen doorway and watch him. He is trying to cook pancakes and burnt everyone of them so far. I watch as he burns more.
"If they keep burning take them off sooner..." he jumps a little.
"I know what I'm doin."
"Caught you off guard and can tell your lying. Today is not the day to slack Babe."
"I have everything under control and you didn't catch me off guard... I burnt myself"
"Standing two feet from the stove... sure"
"Hey, I don't tell you how to cook."
"No but maybe I should tell you. Another one is burning." He Looks down and curses and scrapes it off. He throws it in the garbage. "My turn now?" He Looks defeated and gives me the spatula. I take it and  cook four nice pancakes."Benefits to being a mom. Cooking."
"Yeah, yeah. Don't expect to do that all the time."
"I know the take out trick."
"What trick...?"
"The one where you buy take out, put it on our silver wear and stick clean dishes in soapy water to "soak" as we eat take out food. I didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday."
"I just wanted to help..."
"I know. That's why you're in charge of everything but cooking. For both of our sakes." He gives me a flat smile and I giggle. We have breakfast and get cleaned up. We both take showers and get ready. I put on jeans and a black t shirt and I get ready for my first day as a new person.
"Remember What Boss said."
"I know, I know. No showing my face."
"And if the neighbours come over?"
I will invite them in and if they ask, I will tell them I'm not her and show them out really nice edited photos of us."
"Good. I wanna be the cutest and happiest couple on the Street."
"You're already cute. Now go to work. I have to figure out what house wife's do."
"They cook and clean."
"Thanks for stating the obvious."
"Always. I'm off. I'll be home around dinner."
"And what would you like to eat?"
"Anything you find."
"Okay. See ya after work."
"Bye babe." He gives me a kiss and Walks out.