Chapter 1

3rd P.O.V

Today was the day Natsu arrived in the destination of his Solo mission that he picked off the board. He was completely alone, not even Happy tagged along on this journey. You see Erza went on a different Solo mission that involved some kind of legendary strawberry cheese cake so she had to go. Gray got dragged along on a mission with Juvia while she was clung onto his arm saying "My Gray-sama~". Lucy and Happy both went on a mission with Wendy and Carla. So after all that, Natsu was bored, sat alone at the guild and decided to go on a mission himself. He went to look at the request board for a mission and saw a job involving sightings of dark magic for a high price so he took it. It was a long journey which involved several train rides and a lot of puking for the salmon haired Dragon Slayer.

Now here we are, Natsu kissing the ground after arriving at his destination after 3 hours on his last train ride.

The went to his Client and was told to go in a nearby forest for any signs of anything suspicious involving dark magic. Once he arrived at the forest he scouted around, using all his enhanced senses to see if anything was wrong. He froze when he smelled something all too familiar. Zeref.. He thought, remembering the scent from both Tenrou Island and from when he saw Zeref in the Cube.

He immediately darted in the direction to where he smelled Zeref. Finally! Now i can kick his ass! Natsu thought to himself. When he arrived at his destination, he hid behind a tree, spotting raven hair. Natsu became extremely cautious, not wanting to make any movement or sound signifying he was hiding there.

"I know you're there Natsu.." He heard from behind the tree. He frowned at the fact that he was caught and ran out from behind the tree in attempt to attack the black wizard.

All Zeref did in response was smile and use his magic to push a shocked Natsu to the floor, not letting him free. "Let me go you bastard!" he heard Natsu struggle.

"I'll let you free if you stop attacking me.." He responded. Natsu was hesitant but nodded, the magic being released from straining his body. Natsu sighed, then stood up, staring at the Black Wizard. "Zeref." He started, "Why are you here?"

Zeref once again smiled and took out the book of E.N.D, clearly holding it so Natsu could see. "I came here in hopes to finally see this demon I created.." He said. Natsu was about to respond but Zeref cut him off. "Looks like my wish was granted" Zeref looked up at a confused Natsu, constantly smiling.

"What do you mean..?" Natsu asked, a bad feeling starting to grow. He knew something was up. "Should I explain everything?" Zeref asked, now prepared to give a full explanation to Natsu. Natsu froze, not expecting Zeref to finally explain everything and nodded as soon as he got out of his trance.

"Well..." Zeref started. "where to begin..." He thought for a moment, before carrying on. "400 years ago, when I was still a child, I had a human younger brother.." Natsu gasped, not expecting Zeref to have any siblings. "We were very close, always playing and fooling around, though I had to be responsible for him half the time. We lived with our parents in a small village, enjoying the lives we had...that is, until one day, when I was out the house, a terrible fire started. My parents and younger brother were in the house and my parents tried everything to save my brother but died in the process." Natsu didn't know why, but he felt a pain in his chest and suddenly felt like crying, but held back the tears, confused.

"My brother got out and I made it to him, holding his barely conscious body in my arms. He had inhaled too much smoke and died in my arms." Natsu's breath hitched in his throat, still trying to hold back the tears that were building up in his eyes while hearing the story. "I was so heart broken that I tried everything to bring my brother back to life, every book, spell and magic I studied, earning the curse I have now of immortality for trying to mess with the cycle of life and death up. Eventually though, I created demon's, getting closer to my ultimate goal of bringing my brother back to life and alas, I did it. I brought him back to life. Though, he wasn't human, he was a demon. I named him E.N.D." Natsu now had tears rolling down his cheeks, still not understanding why though.