Chapter 19

3rd P.O.V
Soon enough, the other demons from the Tartaros guild came to the Fairy Tail guild hall and asserted themselves in, though they all refused to talk to humans and if they did, it wouldn't be a nice conversation. The only human they were moderately nice to was Lucy, and that was only because they were scared of their Master doing anything to them if they dare said anything that he deemed rude to her.

It had been a couple a weeks since the Tartaros guild moved into the Fairy Tail guild hall and Natsu was planning to go on a mission with the rest of Team Natsu and Mard. He was only going to go with team Natsu but Mard insisted he came along too and Natsu reluctantly agreed to it.

"Where'd you wanna go Luce?" Natsu asked, currently looking over the request board at the missions. Lucy hummed in response, "I'm not sure.."
Natsu suddenly shouted, "I've got it!" causing Lucy to jump a little, "o-oh?" She replied after her shock.
"We should go on an S-Class quest!" He exclaimed. Lucy was about to object before realising that both the great Titania and the most powerful demon on earth land are going on this quest too so she wouldn't have to worry. Lucy nodded and eventually everyone else going on the mission agreed too.

The mission was to defeat a group of bandit's that were terrorising a small town. There was a small amount of writing in each corner that seemed to be either in code or another language but they paid no mind to that. 

Team Natsu confronted Makarov about they mission and he reluctantly agreed to let them go after telling them about the possible consequences of Natsu, or E.N.D, being out and about.

The next day, the group set off on the mission and headed to the train station, Natsu walked with Lucy, holding her hand while Mard stood at Natsu's other side, keeping a close eye on his Guild Master. Happy flew above Natsu smiling at the fact of Natsu and Lucy being a couple while Erza and Gray walked a little ways behind them.

Once they reached the train station Natsu, Lucy and Mard all sat in a booth  while Erza, Gray and Happy sat in the booth opposite them.

As soon as the train started moving Natsu hunched over ready to puke. Lucy pat his back while Mard tried his best in comforting Natsu.
"Natsu come rest your head on my lap.." Lucy stayed, blushing a little. Natsu's cheeks lit up a little in blush but he obliged, leaning over and gently laying his head down on Lucy's lap, smiling. Mard huffed and looked away, annoyed once again that his Master fell for a human, but not questioning it. Not long after Natsu fell asleep and after a long 5 hour train ride, the group had reached their destination.

Lucy patted Natsu's head gently, attempting to wake him up, he groaned in response and tiredly looked up towards Lucy, "..mmnnn.. Luce.?.." he asked. Lucy smiled at him "We've reached where the mission is Natsu, time to wake up.." she said softly. Natsu nodded slowly and sat up off of Lucy's lap, stretching out before getting up and heading off the train, quickly followed my Mard. Lucy let out a sigh at the scene, getting up and following after them.

Erza, Gray and Happy were already out of the train and waiting for them so as soon as Natsu, Mard and Lucy got off the train they could quickly go and commence with their mission.

The group had managed to find the house of the person who had given them the quest first. Natsu knocked on the door being at the front of the group. Once it wasn't answered, he knocked again and again. Mard stepped in and moved his Master out of the way, using his curse to unlock and open the door subtly. Once the group of 6 walked in the house of the individual who gave out the quest, suspicion filled their minds. The room was painted in dark colours and was dimly lit, displaying different ancient artefacts and honestly looked like it belonged in a horror setting.
"I- I don't like this place.." Lucy exclaimed, latching herself onto Natsu's arm in a sense on slight panic. Natsu nodded slightly, resting his hand over hers. Erza, Happy and Gray tensed while Mard and Natsu frowned.
"..Aye.." Happy agreed with Lucy, looking around in alarm.

'Something is definitely not right with this place.' Natsu thought, 'Though I can't seem to put my finger on it..'

From around the corner, a door creak was heard. The group tensed, Erza gripping the handle of her sword, Lucy gripping her key's, Gray readied his magic while Mard and Natsu were preparing their curses. Soon enough, a tiny old looking lady walked around the corner. Her hair was a light grey that curled up into a small bob just above her shoulders. Her face was covered in wrinkles, her bright green eyes slightly drooped but not too much. She supported her hunched over body with a small cane, her other hand resting on her back. She smiled when she saw the group.

"Ah, you must be Fairy Tail, thank you so much for coming. I apologise for not being able to come to the door before, I couldn't get up." She said softly with a thick British accent before letting out a dry chuckle.

The group looked at her, stunned for a second, not having expected a small, frail old woman to appear. The group immediately calmed, loosing their tense posture and putting out any magic or curses they were about to use. The woman smiled at this.

Natsu and Mard's eye's were narrowed still, 'Something still doesn't seem right here..'  Natsu and Mard thought. Lucy noticed Natsu's expression and rubbed his arm slightly, gaining his attention. She smiled when he looked at her, she then mouthed the words, 'calm down, it's okay, she wont hurt us.' Natsu wasn't fully convinced but since it was for his Lucy, he decided to calm down, deciding to forget about both what the room looked like and his past suspicions.

The small old woman began to speak again, "I can't move much anymore so I'll just explain the quest here and now if that's okay with you?" The group nodded. "Okay so, like it states on the quest poster I sent out, I would like you to stop a group of thieves and bandit's that keep terrorising my home town. This town is only small and so we don't have any powerful wizards who can defend us, and the bandit group is making it hard to work or move here. I don't know much other then their location of the base. My husband managed to find it out before he was captured and-" she abruptly stopped for a second before wiping away a tear and smiling slightly. She carried on, "He left me a message on their location.. I, I just don't want my husbands efforts to go to waste..." Erza, Gray, Lucy and Happy all nodded, a new found determination and sympathy for the poor old woman fuelling them.

"We will get rid of these bandits for your husband and this town!" Erza stated to the woman, a smile formed on her face. Gray, Lucy and Happy all smiled and nodded along with her. Natsu and Mard sighed and nodded too a bit after the rest. The woman smiled. "That's absolutely splendid! Thank you so much..." She shed a small tear before getting out a silk, white handkerchief and wiping it away. "They are located past the forest to the left of the town I believe, though I'm jot sure exactly where.. please, If you find my husband's body, bring him back.. I wish to give him a proper burial." She wore a small, sad smile. The group, minus Mard, looked at her with sympathy, Natsu now letting any past suspicion of the frail old woman go.

"We will do it!" The group, minus Mard, chanted. The woman smiled with delight.

~~~~~

I am so incredibly sorry. O o f

I have no excuse for leaving this long, when I had free time I chose to draw, read or do volunteer work and just forgot this story completely. In short I had no motivation to continue this. I'M REALLY SORRY!!

Instead of just me apologising, I'm going to do 2 things that will benefit you.

I will;
   1. Let you ask me anything you want in the comments, it can be ANYTHING other than any spoilers. About me, this story, future story plans or just a general question and you can see how dumb I am.
   2. I have already written the next 2 chapters of the story and will be publishing them in the next 10 minutes, so look forward to that. I'm gonna start writing the chapters in advance, like writing 3 chapters and publishing one a day or something like that, I'll stock up on chapters basically.

Again, I apologise and hope you'll like what I have planned for this book.
(also don't worry, I haven't lost motivation for this book, I just decided to change up the story and ending a little bit.)