Chapter One

(Second Book, Fresh start)

Geno's Pov
Another day, another pill. These doctors never leave me alone I swear.

They always come in and leave the pills beside my bed. All have already found their soulmates, world already filled with colour.

They think that I had already found mine too. To weak to tell them otherwise, they just go on with the daily routine.

"Remember to not take the blue and yellow one before the red and white. The effects will take quite a toll." I frowned. Looking beside my hospital bed, both pills were black and white, no way of telling the difference.

As the doctors walked out into the hall, I picked up both pills and swallowed them, ignoring the instructions.

I've told the many times before, just because of my bad health, this slash wound unable to be healed and my constant ignorance. I die when I say I die.

None of what they called 'Mr. Cool guy Reaper' would be taking me to the afterlife for a long time. Despite the usual panic shrieks from the nurses and others working in ward, many pills, endless paranoia and constant insomnia. I was completely cool.

I laid back down after sculling some ice cool water with the tablets I had just swallowed. They weren't lying when they said I shouldn't mix them up. My head ached and my movements slowed.

By now though, only a hand full of nurses strode the halls, it being way past visiting hours. I sighed and gripped onto my wound, the stinging pain bring attention away from my throbbing skull.

It bleed like usual, just a little more due to the gripping feeling of bone. I'd thought of doing stuff to get of of here.

Jumping through the window? That didn't work. Possibly being on the 7th floor.

Running out the doors before anyone noticed? The nurses and doctors caught me. Strapping me to the bed for the next few nights.

Pretending to be in absolute good health? Everything picked up I was worse than the day prior. Not a good plan.

Nothing seemed useful. The more I thought about escaping, the more I seemed to get farther away from my goal of being set free.

I felt like a trapped bird. Wings clipped, unable to fly away, like all the rest.

I looked down, the bed filled with a deep monochrome colour. I had never even learnt what colours most objects are. Blood was a given, it being described by nearly everyone I had passed.

I never knew what the colour crimson actually looked like. They all said crimson.

There were other colours. Red, blue, autumn, forest even grey was labeled as one. Yet, people called it more of a shade, forgetting the world they once knew.

I stared at the ceiling, my insomnia kicking in. It happened every night. I could never get the slightest amount of shut eye.

Clicking the button beside my small bed, a small noise rang out. Within seconds my casual nurse strode in. She could be a bitch at times, but none the less she was so kind. Always caring, attempting to heal my wound on a constant.

Most staff called her Tori, just a small nickname. Her full name: Toriel Dreemurr. Divorced, but kept the name.

Hell, I just called her life. Seemed that, that was the thing she was giving to the hospital daily.

"What do you need today Geno?" She questioned, grabbing the few cups beside my bed.

I let out a dry chuckle and stopped clenching my wound.
"The usual. Its been a...week...as you said." My voice was strained, like I had been crying for hours on end.

She sighed, placing the cup back down and preparing the gas mask from the tank beside me.
"I know what I said, but Geno, we cant keep doing this. Its taking a toll on your body..." She spoke.

Her voice was always so soft, loving, like a caring mother. I had always wondered what had happened to her son. She had mentioned him, laughed about it etc. I always knew it was rude to ask so, I never did.

She had finished preparing the gas tank and held the mask up.
"Have you fasted?" I looked around avoiding eye contact. Life narrowed her eyes.

"You haven't, have you?"
"No. Well, yes... A cup of water and some pills each day."

Life sighed as she attached the mask to my face, turning a small handle, letting the gas flow out into my nose and mouth.

"Thanks....Tori" I whispered before letting the smell of the hospital take me.