29 | real life

November 25, 2018
Kaycee
"Happy birthday Corby Worby!" I exclaimed, walking into his hospital room and up to where his bed was. He glared at Saskia, who was standing next to me.

"I know that this isn't an ideal way to spend your nineteenth birthday, but I got you a present!" I said, handing him a shiny red gift bag that was stuffed with white tissue paper. He pulled out the tissue paper, grabbing the small box that held a chain that I saw him looking at when we went shopping this summer.

"I've wanted this since this summer but couldn't find it! Thank you Kayce, I love it." He smiled as I kissed his cheek before lying down next to him.

"The boys, Ashley, and Jordan are coming later. Your lovely mom told me stories about you on the car ride here."

"I'm going to go and hope that Jordan and Ashley haven't killed each other or burned the house down, bye lovebirds." Saskia said before walking out of the hospital room, shutting the door.

"I missed you." I heard Corbyn say as I played with his blonde hair.

"I saw you yesterday."

"Well the nurses have drove me crazy. I haven't eaten anything but jello." He mumbled, shutting his eyes as I began to run my fingers through his hair.

"You had surgery a week ago bébé." I replied before a nurse walked into the room to change his IV.

"Hey Jackie!" I greeted, smiling at the middle aged woman.

"Hey Kaycee." She replied as she changed the IV bag before walking back out, shutting the door behind her. Corbyn yawned, keeping his eyes open.

"Go to sleep Corbyn."

"Will you still be here?" He asked tiredly.

"I'll still be here." I smiled at the tired boy that was cuddled up by my side.

"You promise?"

"I promise. Now go to sleep."

*edited 5/09/20