˚CHAPTER THREE˚

"Martinus!" 

"Marcus!"

Martinus made a leap for his brother and the twins met each other halfway in a hug. Scarlett looked on with a smile, grateful that they were both alright and now together. She hoped it would be easier on both of them with each other by their side. 

Scarlett sent a glance to the being, who still lingered in the doorway and didn't enter the room. She was curious why he never joined them but always stayed past the threshold. She continued to watch the pearly skinned creature as the brothers ended their reunion and the creature turned to Martinus.

"Eat your fill, young one," the monk-thing said, lifting his loosely robed arms to gesture to the food. "It would also be wise for all of you to not overexert yourselves. You have a full day ahead and we wouldn't want you to be weak for it all. And do not forget to get acquainted with each other."

The three teenagers gave him one good, long stare before he nodded to all of them and breezed out and back around the corner again. Scarlett kept her eyes on the corner where the being had disappeared as she faintly listened to the boys' chat.

"It is good to be back with you Martinus," Marcus said. "I was worried you might be here. But at least now I know that you are safe."

"Yes," Martinus replied with a nod. "Do you have any idea what is going on?" 

"No, I'm afraid I only know as much as you do."

Scarlett was so deep in thought, her eyes only focused on the wall beyond as she sorted through the events that had happened, trying to figure out what was going on. It took her a few moments to notice that the boys had stopped talking and were looking at her. She quickly went through her mind to search for the last thing she had heard them say, then she remembered.

She shook her head and shrugged, "I only know that he's going to get 'the others'. I'm not sure what exactly that means, but that's what he said when I asked. Also, I've been thinking, it almost seems that he brought us here in a pattern, but I can't be sure that was on purpose. It seems as though he brought us here by age, oldest to youngest so far."

The twins both nodded in understanding and seemed to ponder her words for a moment.

"Uh, Martinus, you're probably hungry. So far it seems that the pizza is fine, not drugged or anything." Scarlett said, trying to invite him to sit and eat. 

He took the hint, so to speak, and picked the chair next to his brother's. Marcus resumed his own seat and settled in, munching on another french fry. 

"So Martinus," Marcus started. "She is an MMer."

"Oh really?" Martinus said, picking out his meal.

"Yeah," Scarlett said, shrugging awkwardly. "'Heartbeat' and 'Remind Me' and all that."

The boys sort of stared for a moment. Scarlett suddenly realized she had failed to give them her name. She mentally facepalmed and decided that it would be a good idea, especially with the monk-thing encouraging them to get acquainted.

"Sorry, I never gave you my name," she said, chuckling nervously and shaking her head. "I'm Scarlett Grace. Everyone calls me Scarlett."

"Nice to meet you, Scarlett," Martinus said with a smile.

Scarlett felt her heart skip a beat in excitement as she returned his smile. 

"I literally cannot believe I'm here right now!" she admitted. "I mean, with you two. It's honestly like a dream come true, minus the kidnapping part of course."