Chapter 7: Dimples

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP!

I heard my annoying alarm as it went off when I pressed the snooze button, eyes remained closed. I was so tired and didn't feel like waking up. Eyes remained closed, I felt movement beside me. I was positive it wasn't me. Well...unless I just lost control over my body.

I snapped my eyes open and looked around me. The moment I turned my face to the other direction, I was shocked.

Why is Stella here with me? Sleeping my bed!

It took me moments to register every thing that had happened last night.

Right...

She looked so peaceful in her sleep, like an angel. She looked so worry-free. She was hugging one of my pillows tightly as we stayed in our position for about ten minutes before she was finally awake. She opened her eyes slowly, taking in the surroundings. A part of me knew that she was going to freak out and run or something along those lines. But I never expected her to act the way she did,

After she looked around her and finally meeting my eyes, she smiled. As the smile crossed her face ever so slowly, something appeared on both of her cheeks that I never recalled seeing before, allowing a genuine look of pure surprise to take over my face as I realised what they are.

They were dimples.

And like always, she managed to prove that point of her being stunning. Without even trying, she would succeed in holding one's heart captive. It's like you can't stop staring. Sadly to my eyes, the smile ended just after it started.

"You should smile more often," I told her, surprised that the voice I heard belonged to me. I looked at her to spot her reaction to see it an overly emphasised version of my own surprised look, more dramatic. Ironically, finding the lack of reactions in her turning to one's with glamorous colors couldn't help but form a satisfied smile on my face. Because to me, that only meant one thing; she was opening up to me.

"Are you okay now?" I asked when the awkward silence consumed the place.

"Much better, thank you." she said politely.

"You can go shower there. I will be waiting downstairs." I said handing her her clothes while she just nodded and went to the bathroom without another word being said.

I went downstairs where everyone was. They were already awake and about to start breakfast as both my parents joined.

"Evan, what happened to your eye?" Dad asked, raising an eyebrow as he stared at his shiner in his eye. The hint of concern managed to occupy his words as he spoke to Evan as Evan noticed the unspoken emotions. Eventually, a smile crossed his face when he replied.

"I ran into a door," he lied and bit his tongue, it was one of the things he always did whilst lying. One if the reasons why I always knew when he did, though he didn't need to know that.

"I believe it," mom grumbled while rolling her eyes, I still managed to catch the look of concern and genuine curiosity on her face. I knew my parents cared for Evan as their own child. After all, he technically seemed to be.

He pouted as he mumbeled the word "Whatever" in a playful manner, easing the bit of tension that was in the air.

"Dia! Your parents are so mean to me!" he childishly complaned to me when he noticed me standing, voice louder than necessary. It was one of the things he did when he felt under pressure or under a spotlight, he shouts.

"Maybe if you weren't an idoit, they wouldn't" I smiled innocently at him while he glared at me, making Jamie laugh. I went along with his acts in hope for my parents to drop the question, and they did. Much to our dismay.

A minute later, I heard a slighted noice comming from the stairs followed by the presence of stella and she entered the living room. She joined in and had breakfast with everyone. She didn't talk, she just looked amused whenever Evan said something stupid, which was almost most all of the time. I didn't miss the looks of question my parents gave me when she joined, realising that my parents had never met her before. I introduced her to my parents and she smiled at them, gaining looks of approval.

After we finished breakfast, Stella grabbed her bag and was about to head outside when Liam caught her before fleeing the house.

"Hey, you! Where are you going?" He basically shouted while pouring at her, making her look rather troubled. It was slightly offending, seeing how she desperately wanted to leave. I had honestly thought she was enjoying her stay with us.

"Ummm, home?" She said as she gave him a look of confusion. She looked troubled, almost felt like she only felt of herself being a burden, which she wasn't anything near that.

"No you are not!" he simply demanded, " you are spending the weekend with us wether you like it or not."

She looked around for any look of objection but gazed her shoes when she didn't find any. Guess she will be spending the weekend with us then...

***

Evan stepped back, eyes widened.

"How you dare disrespect noodles like that!?" He shrieked. "Noodles are for eating! They are not for throwing!".

Stella let out an aborted chuckle as she stuggled to maintain a trip on me, which was difficult as we are all now covered in sweet and sour sauce. A stray noodle was dangling in my vision and all over my head.

This is why we could never be normal.

"Evan, calm down." Jamie attempted to soothe him, but all I saw was noodles and red.

One of the monitors are now stalking toward us, a short Spanish lady that looked like she was having none of our teenage shenaningans. Oh God, I winced.

The older lady spat out sone quick threats and the group disappeared, Stella amoung them conveniently dissappeaeing into the crowd. I tried to tell her that I was a victim-a victim! Being the lady she was, she didn't buy that as an excuse.

After managing to get out of the place, I called Evan to see where they were and went there.

"So what now?" Liam asked, looking troubled. Jamie gave me a sad look telling me that she was sorry for leaving me and I nodded.  Stella on the other hand looked happy arguing with Evan about something.

"Can all go over to my place?" Stella asked, looking mainly at my direction, it was like she was asking me "I need to change and pick some stuff for the sleepover."

"Sleepover?" Liam and I asked in unison.

"Yeah! We are having one at my place tonight," Evan stated matter of a factly.

Uggghh, that boy!

No wait...a sleepover!

Hello guys!

OkAy- I have nothing to say

Byebyee

Vote
Comment

-esra <33