Chapter 3

I awoke to the sound of my door opening and I sat up, letting out a low growl. I felt my mother stir on top of me but he never awoke. I looked at the door and bared my fangs as they grew when I saw Lurch's face. Lurch sighed and stepped inside

"Don't give me that. Zeek wants to speak with you. Seems he finally awoke from your episode," he said then left and my blood turned to ice.

Zeek was going to kill me. I looked down at my mother and whimpered. I couldn't leave him. I took a deep breath and got up, still holding my mother to my chest. I carried him out of the room and stopped when I smelt my father and I growled softly. I decided to leave him in the safety of my room. I walked back into my room and put him down on the bed, wrapping him in the blankets that smelt like me. He cuddled into them and with that, I left.

I walked to Alpha Zeek's office and knocked gently. A gruff voice called me in and I pushed the door open gently. Zeek sat at his desk, going over some papers with deep focus. I stepped in and sat on the couch in his office. He snapped his attention to me as soon as I sat down and it made me flinch. I looked up at Zeek and he raised an eyebrow then got up, walking to me and sitting across from me.

"I would like to apologize for going after you like that when you were in heat. It wasn't normal and Blade even apologizes considering he was the one that took over and went at you so harshly. It was never my true intention to mark you or...mate you in any type of way. I see you as just a pack member and one of my gang members as well," he said and I looked at him with a weird face. Wasn't he mad?

"Wait, hold on. So, you're not mad I knocked you out?" I asked and he growled in response.

"You didn't let me get to that. Yes, you did knock me out. But, I want to know how. It is rare for someone, especially an Omega, to be able to knock me out. It's damn near impossible unless you're a fucking dragon of some sort. So, how the fuck did you manage to do it?" He asked me and I shrugged, sighing softly. I really didn't understand how it happened. At least I didn't understand clearly.

"I don't know. Alpha, I have no idea how I did it or even what happened to me. I'm sorry," I said nervously and Zeek didn't seem to be satisfied by that answer considering how he growled.

"Don't take me for a fool. Valley and Zack said they caught your little fox family hanging around with you. Explain that." he ordered and I whimpered softly, having to listen to his order.

"Uncle Augustus was called by my father and he brought 2 elders of the clan with him. They wanted to check if I had strong demons blood running through me based on the way I lost control on you. They told me a story about one of their brothers-"

"Ian." Zeek finished for me and I froze, staring at him in shock.

"Y-you know that story?" I asked and he got up, a very serious look on his face.

"I had heard it when I was younger. I believed it was just a story. About the fox kings brother, that was more demon than fox. Parents made their kids believe that he would kill you if you didn't sleep at the time you were supposed to or eat your vegetables. They would also tell that story as a scary story during campfires. And sometimes even before bed. But I just thought it was stories. I guess it's true then. So that means that one of your uncles or your father was the one that was bitten. And with our luck, I bet it's your father and that's why they were checking if you have demons blood," Zeek finished explaining as he grabbed a book from his shelf, turning back to me and dropping the large dust-covered book on the coffee table in front of me.

I blew the dust off and wiped the rest with my hand to make sure it was fully clear. I raised an eyebrow at the title. 'A Foxs' Tail' was the title. I stared down at the book then looked up at Zeek. He frowned down at me and nodded to the book.