Chapter 8

The pack cave was bustling with the packs' voice as everyone walked around, talking to one another. Everyone in their wolf forms since it was the law to be when in the pack cave. I was sitting off to the edge of the pack, against one of the cave walls but my eyes never left the biggest ledge in the cave. On the ledge that jutted out of the wall was another cave. The Alpha's cave. Zeek was in there now with his Beta, Zack and with his Third in Command, Tigerstar. Reef was being held down by 3 guards at the base of the ledge, paws still having chains on them. Everyone was talking about what I had done. My parents wouldn't talk to me. They were too busy dealing everyone that came up to them to complain about me. When I tried to talk to Boot, he ignored me. He had snarled at me then turned and left me. I tried talking to Jinx too but he didn't want to talk to me either. I was completely alone now. I laid down in my small corner and stared across the room at Reef. Reef had his eyes to the ground, his ears back and his tail wrapped around his legs. He was showing submission. I flinched when I felt a sudden major Alpha presence. I looked up as Zeek walked out of his den, his brothers following. He laid down on the edge of the ledge, front paws hanging over the ledge. His brothers sat behind him on either side. It was hard to tell the difference between Zack and Tigerstar considering they were both black wolves. The only difference we're their eyes. Tigerstar had one yellow eye and one blue while Zack's eyes were both yellow. I focused back on Zeek when he let out a roar to call everyone's attention.

"Quiet down!" Tigerstar yelled when some people kept talking. I sat up and stared up at Alpha Zeek, listening intently to what he said.

"Everyone calm down. This shouldn't be any concern. We will deal with this in the right way. Reef will still be punished as will Toboe. Reef will-"

"Zeek, are you turning weak for a king?" A voice sounded from the pack cave entrance and everyone turned their attention to the massive grey wolf. He had a purple sash around his neck that had a gold charm hanging from it onto his chest. A high council member. Zeek was instantly on his feet, letting out a growl that scared everyone but the council member.

"Yetve ((YET-ve)). How dare you come into my territory without permission?!" Zeek roared out and it made me flinch. The high council was above Zeek. Above everyone. They were the one that had control over all the Alphas of every pack. Including the King. I jumped onto the ledge where there we more dens lining the wall and I sat down, watching the scene unfold. Everyone in the pack had moved to the sides for the council member to walk through. Zeek jumped off his ledge and joined Yetve in the middle of the room. They both stood tall although Zeek was still bigger. Tigerstar jumped off the ledge neck and Zack stayed on. If the council found out Zack was an Omega in a Beta position, Zeek could get in major trouble so Tigerstar would act like. Beta in his place while Lurch or Valley would act like the Third in Command. This time, Valley stepped up, staying just behind Tigerstar and Zeek.

"An Omega went against your order didn't he Zeek? That's punishable by death. Especially since he went against the King of the Wolves, not just any Alpha. Put both of the wolves out of their misery. Kill the Omega and the Alpha," Yetve said and before Zeek could even react, Reef let out a roar, snarling loudly.

"If you lay a tooth on Toboe, I'll tear you apart! Leave him out of this! He didn't hurt anyone or anything! I don't care if you kill me, but don't you touch him!" Reef roared out loudly as he fought to get free from where he was being pinned down by the guards. Zeek roared back loudly.

"Shut up!" He ordered then turned to the high council member.

"What I do with my pack is none of your fucking business. This doesn't concern the council and if you come in here challenging me again, I'll make sure to send your dead body back to the other council members. A piece to each doorstep," he snapped angrily as he bared his teeth. Yetve raised an eyebrow then twitched his tail and moved off to the side.