1-Unworthy

This world was practically ruled by secrets, everything confidential. Left and right innocent lives were deemed, Unworthy, from even a time before they could even think. People were often caught with such a thing called denial, to not agree with something others deemed right and once themselves. They did not see others deciding ones worth to be fair. These worthy people caught denying such accusations were labeled Mistakes. Both Unworthy and Mistakes alike were cursed though, the Mistakes often suffered much worse consequences then the other alike kind. Each person that burdened a curse always suffered two lifelong punishments that can be activated by normal everyday things. Anyone, from any living class, could bare the mark of Unworthy or Mistaken. There is no way to predict and no way to prevent...

Ding tink tink cling clang clung.

Every little metal variation of sound with the help of a thrown pebble, you were able to find out of pure blissful boredom. Eventually, with enough effort, could be made into a song, perhaps with lyrics if you gained enough motivation.

The place you lived in was made of metal, floor of concrete just as the sidewalk. No windows, just light that peered through the awfully fitted door. Furniture was a void, nonexistent, unless makeshift covered scraps that acted in a similar way counted as such. The food was sparse, nothing of any good taste and hardly edible. The consumables were only necessary things, necessary to survive and at the bare minimum, enough the government can still be called humane as they provided it.

This boredom, this living situation, was a result of an abandoned Mistake.

Mistakes, often varied in name from speaker to speaker, and Unworthy were in the hands of their caretakers, whatever they deemed to be right was taken charge and thereby verified as absolute and justifiable. Some had nothing done with them, simply cared as normal. Others were sentenced to protective care that provided passable living conditions, such as you were. Unlucky ones were sentenced to death, and it was considered right. People who became Mistakes as adults had to tough out times, just as people who were marked Mistakes at an early age and the Unworthy. They struggled finding jobs, not many hired the like and in that society it was acceptable. The two kinds also had other worries such as finding places to live and food to buy if they had money, they could be acceptably turned down by anyone. If one of them were to commit a crime, be arrested, they were ultimately, undeniably, and undoubtably marked guilty. Their sentences can be death, even for the littlest thing.

For a while, you haven't seen anyone, not even the deliverer that deserts your food and water supply at the doorstep. You weren't necessarily deemed unable to go outside, in fact there was no rules against it. Simply it was a decision. The outside world, the others in that wretched society, you didn't want to face them. Everyone knows an Unworthy or Mistake just from a glance, each bore a considerably hellish glow of swirling black and a bubbling dark red each time their curse took into effect. For many, it always noticeably glowed. When the curse took it's tole, for whatever the specifications may be for it, it flared brightly and blindly and showing the innards of hell. For many this glow was considered to be the secret third aspect of a curse. Never could Unworthy or Mistakes blend in with others, they were literally cursed this way. If it wasn't for the glowing reason, the way the normal society acted just in general, from their thoughts to beliefs on the matter, was enough for their appearance to drive you mad with anger.

Outside you started hearing an eerie howling whistle and clanking as the wind picked up. Deciding it best, you checked outside with eyes that went straight to the skies. The clouds were dark and the wind picked up to an uncomfortable pace. From up above, as your shelter was down below and right alongside one of the town's flowing canals of water, people seemed to be shouting and panicking. There was a storm coming and from the likes of it, a hurricane. If not for the stream flooding into your shelter it would be the unfortunate and inconvenient beachside only a short distance away. A few times in the past, after a long session of rainfall, the stream would flood the small shelter. You were not excited to find out what damage a hurricane could do to it.

Quickly you packed the remnants of your calorie packed and tasteless bars of food, along with a small reserved pint of clean water. This was all that was necessary to bring, there was practically nothing else. You outgrew your clothes a few years ago, if not that, they were too frayed to stay together. The only clothes you owned was a pair of oversized shoes and a shirt so large you're sure you'd never be able to fit in. It was gifted to you by a stranger, noting that at least you won't grow out of this one. According to the government that cares for the sheltered Unworthy or Mistakes, clothes aren't a necessity and only a luxury.

Before the wind picked up even worse, to dangerous levels, you were now on your way in search of a better shelter.

Up above and in the city you could hear a yell, not one in need of help but one yelling to help others.

"The cursed are welcome in this shelter! Come before it's too late!" In the dull grey the clouds cast upon the land, a man with a gold shine of wavy hair shouted words that could potentially save your life from a potentially disastrous death.

Slowly but surely, you walked up to the man that shouted to help others.

"Oh good another one! The shelter is right in that building over there. Hurry, quickly!" He shouted again, ushering you to the larger building filled with evacuees.

You didn't rush there, simply walked which caught the man's attention though he didn't say another word as he continued to shout and help other cursed.

In the shelter many of the Cursed, the collective name for both Unworthy and Mistakes, packed in with looks of terror. Many of their curses were going off, obvious as their glows shined brightly. Each one had their own reasoning for it activating, and each with the curse in effect were in utter pain.

You were always careful to not have your curse act up for when the times it does, to say the least it isn't very pleasant.