2-Shelter

For hours, howls wouldn't silence themselves for the wind never stopped but only grew stronger along with an ambush of rain. The doors to the sheltered were safely shut and blocked with heavy items to ensure it wouldn't open and surprisingly there hasn't been any stragglers since the winds and rain picked up, not as if they'd be able to stand upright outside at this point.

        "I know, it's calmed down a bit!" A girl, who seemed to be in her early twenties, shouted next to the blond male from earlier who was likely around the same age. "But... If you even think about leaving right know you'll have to go through me!" The reason she had to yell, and threaten, was because the hurricane wasn't over yet though, many assumed it was and thought they were crazy for saying otherwise.

Even though many were still grumpy about the situation, the people started calming down a lot more as the storm momentarily silenced. This sparked an opportunity to focus a bit more on your surroundings. For a while now, you're attention slightly focused on a pink haired boy whose curse wouldn't seem to let up. He was also alone, no one to comfort him. For a while you wavered your options to go and say something to him, though at this moment the curse seemed to fade until a large gust of wind hit the building.

     This time something pushed you to go over towards him.

      "Is there anyway I can help?" You questioned the boy that shivered in pain and fear alike.

He moved his head a little to the side, seeing as it was tucked into his knees. He looked at you with squinted eyes and a tensing brow that tried to fight off the pain.

    "I'm fine." He spoke in a shaking and straining voice, hardly able to speak without whines and grunts. "Don't worry about me. There are others who need help more." He was persistent in thinking the others mattered more then himself.

     "What's your name?" You decided to sit down next to him, trying to comfort him despite his wishes.

     "It's Coby."

     "Mine is (Y/N). Why are you alone?" The situation was almost one to laugh at. You were in the same situation as him, being alone in the shelter amongst the many others. Anything would do if talking to him could help.

      "My friend is a another shelter." His curse seemed to be fading by the second as his pain noticeably grew less.

"You live in a shelter? Well not this kind but you know what I mean. I'm just assuming here." You had assumed based upon his only company mentioned was a friend.

"Yeah but it's not very well made. It's right by the junkyard and the wood is rotting, the scrap metal helps though." His pain seemed to fade completely as he said that with a slight chuckle.

     "We have that in common. My shelter may be made of metal and concrete but the door sucks and the stream in front of it floods in a lot."

      "Why metal and concrete?" Coby now had his back straightened with his head no longer hiding.

      "I have no idea, ask the people who made it. It was some abandoned place, maybe an expensive bomb shelter but who knows."

     The two of you continued to talk for the next hour, you making sure Coby's attention strayed far from the storm at hand as it started to hit hard once again. From observations you could tell his curse linked to fear. He forgot about everything going on around him, and you believe you officially made a new friend and he as well.

     "Okay, everyone it's safe to leave now! Everything has passed!" The boy and girl from earlier shouted, you assume they were in charge of the situation as they they seemed to be the only ones giving orders.

     "Hey, Coby." You called out to the boy as his attention was immediately grabbed. "I know we only met like... An hour ago but, can I ask you a favor?"

    "Yes, anything." His attitude piped up.

     "My place will likely be flooded in for a few days... Would you mind me camping out at your place?" You asked him nervously with a chuckle of the same nature as you held the food and water brought from home within your grasp. You hated to ask him this sort of thing though if you didn't, it would be like all of the other times when you had nowhere safe to go. Simply you'd have to wander around until the water level lowered itself, even then once it did the place was a disaster and nasty as puddles of water wouldn't disappear so easily in which had to be scrubbed out due to mold that would undoubtably grow.

     "Anything for a friend, I don't mind." Coby smiled at the thought of a new friend until his expression changed. "Ah it's presumptuous of me to think that you'd want to be my friend I mean we barely know each other and-"

"Coby calm down. We're friends, or at least I think so."

    He seemed to calm down a bit more after that as he lead you to his place before he stopped in front of the shelter to a blond boy, likely around the same age as himself.

     "Ah there you are. I thought I'd have to go in there and get you myself." The other and unnamed person spoke.

     "Oh ah well no, not this time I had someone help me today." Coby brought the others attention to you with a simple hand gesture.

     "Oh, her? I see you made a new friend then... I'm still your favourite though, right?"

     "I guess so..." Coby was beyond words to answer that question. "Anyways this is Helmeppo." Coby motioned over to his friend then to introduce you. "And this is (y/n). If it's okay with you she'll be staying with us until her place isn't flooded... Well I actually already agreed so..."

"Coby, Coby, Coby... I'll allow it this once but ask be before deciding such things." Helmeppo sighed at his pink haired friend's behavior though nonetheless expecting it.

"Yeah... I know..." Coby scratched his head for his behaviour in which wasn't thought out properly.