Heffalump???

(Katty POV)
I've been so happy with Alek and Zander. This last month has been nothing but love and pure raw emotion. They are so open about everything and very loyal like dogs. But everything that glitters isn't gold. I know that they haven't told me everything. For instance, I never see them feed. I am around them 24/7 and they only eat regular food. The only vampire things they do is walk faster than any human, hiss occasionally and even that is weird. When they hiss you can see their teeth. They have canine teeth and fangs. Their canine teeth only come out when they feel threatened by someone or if someone gets too close to me. Their fangs are always out which apparently is ecause of their lineage. They come from a long line of original vampires which makes them stronger, faster and more powerful. But there is something they left out. I can feel the pull on our bond everytime I bring it up. They even block me from their thoughts. It upsets me so much that they don't trust me enough to tell me.

I didn't even realize the tears falling from my eyes until Alek pulled me out my thoughts saying  "Are you okay? What's wrong? I see that your crying. I want to help". I couldn't help but keep my eyes on the floor as I spoke under my breath "Well maybe I would okay if my mates didn't hide things from me or if they trusted me with their deepest darkest secrets". When the words left my mouth I was surprised but I held my ground. Alek stood still and didn't say anything. He looked like he was in deep thought. Just then I heard him call Zander through our mate bond then Zander appeared out of thin air. My eyes almost popped out of my head. How in the heaven, earth and hell did he do that? My mouth hung open as Zander looked between Alek and I. Zander first to break the silence

"Sooo.... I guess this means you are ready to tell her or she found out. Could someone fill me in..... Nevermind... Thanks for that thought Alek. So Katty first I would like to start by apologizing for being one of the benefactors of your tears. I never wanted this to happen but I had to be sure that out secret would be safe with you and I kind of got carried away with all of the fun we were having."

Alek nods then continues "Katy-Kat, I don't know how to tell you this but uhh babe we are hybrids. Half Vampire. Half Werewolf. That's why we dont feed. I know you noticed because your thoughts are really loud babe. We also turn every full moon thats why there is always a meeting once a month that we disappear for the night. We couldn't tell you because technically we are illegal by both the Vampire and Werewolf council laws. We didn't want to put you in danger because they know about us but they can't beat us no matter how hard they try. We are immune to all their weaknesses because a wolf isn't affected by sunlight and a vampire can bathe in wolfsbane without the slightest burn."

This information is a lot to take in but not really surprising. I nodded my head then said "Okay. Just don't keep things from me anymore. We can't build anything off of hidden secrets and beating around the bush. I want everything out in the open even if it hurts. I want it raw...... I mean not raw, raw but raw. You know what I mean? ..... Know what? Scratch that! I want y'all to be blunt with me and not sugarcoat anything.... There we go"

By the end of my weird rambling speech both Zander and Alek were chuckling. Then Alek broke the silence. "Okay kitten, something you should know is that Alek is short for Aleksius. Some humans evolved my name into Alekus and even changed the spelling so I just go by Alek. But for some reason they just assume my name is Alekzander and I reply with no that is my twin."

Alek is so adorable when he goes on his little rants about random things. By now i'm not even hearing words. I see his mouth moving but all I can think about is the fact that he and Zander are hybrids meaning they are half and half. Which reminds me off Winnie the Pooh. Oh my godd. I'm going to call them heffalumps. It's so convenient and cute. After that thought Zanders head shot up as he said "Anything but that princess. Thats not even sexy. Cant you call us.... Umm I don't know... Half blood princes like Harry Potter or something? A heffalump is an awful godforsaken name that should never be used. I hated that movie. A honey colored bear who eats honey, hangs out with a tiger, a pig and other weird creatures that have no business being around each other yet they converse? I just don't understand. Why is the elephant even called a Heffalump?"