one

JEON JUNGKOOK was in his family's tiny bakery, placing a warm, freshly baked loaf of cinnamon bread onto the pinewood counter when he heard the unmistakable blast of a cannon.

He froze, trying to process the next sounds.

Cannons.

Gunshots.

Screams.

His tried to swallow, but his mouth had dried up like yesterday's stale cake.

"Mama," Jungkook whispered, pulling off his oven mitts."M-m-mama?"

The woman was already in tears, making Jungkook's heart flip.

"Mama don't cry" Jungkook said in a wobbly voice. "Mama, we need to hide."

Jungkook pushed the door of the kitchen open, adrenaline pumping through his veins. He will make sure none of the pirates touch either of them. He couldn't. He wouldn't.

He couldn't bare for his mother to fall into the dark hole of depression all over again, not after his father....

His mother had stopped crying, but her face was twisted in pain, in agony. Her eyes were hazed and clouded, as if she had sunk into a nightmare, or more precisely, a flashback.

The two sat there, in the kitchen, behind a pile of dusty old furniture.

The clock ticked. Deep breaths. Muffled weeps. Clock ticking. Deep breaths. Muffled weeps. Clock ticking. Deep breaths. And the smell of-

"Fire!" His mother was now in full blown tears. "Fire!"

Jungkook had already sensed the strong stench of gas and heat before he even peeked through the tiny gap from the kitchen door.

His legs immediately felt weak, his eyes brimming.

The bakery was engulfing in bright red scorching flames.

+

JIMIN WAS panting heavily by the time he finally reached the large grey stone manor.

"CHOI!" he yelled for his butler, hammering the front door. "CHOI! BRING THE DEFENCE SQUAD!"

The door swung open at once, and a pale-faced man stood there. He pulled the pink-haired boy into the house, slamming the door shut almost immediately.

"Choi," Jimin breathed, a small ounce of relief bubbling in the pit of his stomach. "Choi-we need to send the defence-"

To his shock, Choi shook his head. "No, we can't. Your father took all of them with him to Sentopia."

The last thread of hope Jimin had been desperately clutching vanished. "Then what do I do? Choi-help me fight-we can fight-"He closed his eyes when he heard another cannon blasting off. "M-my people are in
danger-"

Choi continued shaking his head. "We let the pirates take whatever they want. We'll stay here. The manor is very safe-we'll lock the gates- they won't have any way to come in....."

Jimin's eyes were cold, fierce as he stared at the butler. He couldn't believe the man whom he had always looked up to was a...coward.

" You are blinded by fear, Choi. How dare you suggest such a stupid thing? Our people are out there-d-dying and you.... you just want to save your own skin?" It was like a new light had shone, and Jimin was finally seeing for who his butler really was.

"Jimin, no." And this was no longer his fatherly butler speaking. No longer the one who had taught him how to rule, how to fight, how to live. But Choi.

A coward, Jimin reminded himself furiously.

"This is the Bronze Anchor!" Choi yelled, face fuming in anger. "If you die your father will fire me!"

Jimin felt as if his face was slapped. He felt his heart stinging, as he stared at the man in front of him in pure disgust.

"You loathe me," he spat before turning around and walking out of the mahagony door.

Alone, be it. He shall save his people.

/////

I'm sorry it's so boring TT

It'll get more interesting and I'll improve my writing! Please be patient ㅋㅋ