Chapter 8

Alison's POV

I was in the dressing room getting ready to perform. Ryan was getting ready in the other room. It was a long day full of different emotions, which I am excited to let out during my piano and violin performance.

Flashback

"So here's my apartment." I said unlocking the door.

"Nice." Ryan said

"Thanks, Thayer bought it actually." I said with a slight frustration in the tone of my voice

"Are you alright?" Ryan asked sitting on the couch as I sat next to the piano and opened it, played a bunch of scales.

"I wouldn't say alright would describe what I am feeling right now." I said as I played harder and faster, expressing my anger on the piano. When I felt a pair of hands on my hands stopping me.

"You shouldn't play to hard or even play when you are angry. Calm down first and explain to me what happened." Ryan said turning me around to face him.

"Well, as you know Thayer never answered my calls and texts, leaving me worried sick that he's I don't know somewhere dangerous. I called you and Rebecca and the first time I called her she told me he was at her house. I didn't know why until I saw the devil and him cuddling and effing kissing on the stupid couch. I'm not saying I'm jealous. Heh jealous wouldn't even be the word to describe what I'm feeling now. I'm hurt that he didn't trust me enough to come to me and tell me what is going on. I know Thayer and if he doesn't reply instantly or even close. Then there's something wrong. I'm hurt that he abandoned me for someone he probably barely even trusts. I've been abandoned so many times. He knows this. Yet he goes and leaves me for someone else that happens to be in his eyes way more trustworthy than me. He left me in the apartment all alone. He promised me he'll never leave me and abandon me like all the foster parents that I have been with. But he broke it. Now, I'm frustrated, hurt, sad and in pain." I said and turned around and slammed my hands on the piano creating an angry, loud, dissonant and ugly sound.

"Ally, turn around and look at me." Ryan said and I turned to look at him.

"Look, number one, I am so sorry about your past and for whatever reasons you don't deserve it. Number two, I understand you are in pain and hurt because of what he did to you and he should know that he lost one of the most amazing person ever that he had in his life. But I want you to just focus on yourself. Push the anger away and focus on the music. Don't think about him, me, Rebecca, Sutton or anyone and just play. Play any kind of piano piece and let out all the emotions." Ryan said taking my hand. I nodded and turned around to play Clair De Lune by Claude Debussy. I didn't feel like playing Nocturne in C# Minor because it's going to remind me of him. As I was playing, I realized all of the emotions that I was feeling were all gone. I kept playing and playing until there wasn't even a grain left.

After I've finished, I quickly turned around and hugged Ryan. He hugged me back. We've stayed like this for what seems like forever. When we pulled back, I stared into his eyes and he did too. It was like we were having a conversation and for some reason I felt like I could trust him more than Thayer. I didn't know why but just the feeling in my gut just knew he wouldn't hurt me.

"Thank you." I said

"You're welcome, Mozart." Ryan replied.

"Well, we should practice our duet you know and not waste anymore time." I said

"Yup, definitely." Ryan replied

"Oh Ryan." I said

"Yes?" Ryan answered

"Do you think I can move this piano to your place?" I asked

"Yeah sure. I can fit the piano inside my apartment, why?" Ryan asked confused