The hello of the future

*3rd person pov*

You were walking down the isle of the fantasy section of your local library  you were looking through the spines of the book when you saw the book you were looking for. You went out to grab but while you were grabbing it someone else wanted the same book, your hands touched, but you quickly retreated with the book in hand to get out of the awkward position, apparently your mysterious guy had the same idea.

You both desperately needed the book and you being so kind asked

"Excuse me but can I have the book?"

"I don't know, can you?"

"May I?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Cause I want it."

"Well can I have it I'm a fast reader it'll be back by tomorrow, I promise."

He raised an eyebrow before agreeing.

"Same time tomorrow you better be here. Goodbye" He turned on his heel and left.

"Well then"

You went home later that afternoon, with more than a book but with a heaving feeling in your heart. You ignored it , or at least tried and almost succeeded in doing so. He was on your mind until you read the books while enjoying a cup of hot chocolate under al those blankets. But then again the mysterious figure popped in your head once more.

The next day you went to the library to return the book that you borrowed same time as planned but the boy never showed. You continued going to the library for the next couple of weeks but he never showed, soon you gave up hope and stopped.

A couple of months later you went to the same library and the same section you saw the boy, cliché isn't it, you went to get the same book, on,y to find the last copy in his hands.

You smiled shyly and asked if he remembered you he smiled and that's all you needed.